Selena’s widower publishes memoirMarch 3rd, 2012 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 3 (IANS/EFE) The guitarist who was married to the singer Selena when she was murdered in 1995 has published a book telling the story of his love for her.
Published simultaneously in Spanish and English, “‘Para Selena con Amor’ (’To Selena, With Love’) is a love story told from my point of view, written in a way that expresses the dignity of the person I loved so much and who was my wife”, Chris Perez told EFE.
“What I tell is the truth about what we felt as two young people in love, the way young people today feel about things as they walk around holding hands,” he said.
Selena Quintanilla, born April 16, 1971, in Lake Jackson, was gunned down by Yolanda Saldivar, the president of her fan club, March 31, 1995, in Corpus Christi.
“My book isn’t focused on the horror of her death - many years have passed and today I feel it is at last time to write about all we felt, things I simply couldn’t talk about or write about before,” said Perez, who met Selena as a teenager when he was hired as a guitarist for her band, Los Dinos.
- Gomez doesn't want to talk about Bieber - Jun 26, 2012
- An actor who gets song ideas from TV role - Jun 01, 2011
- Mexican rock band Mana to tour major US cities - Jan 14, 2012
- Rihanna S&M video takes potshots at the media - Feb 02, 2011
- Puerto Rican band taps Oscar winner to direct video - Apr 17, 2012
- Bieber pens song for Gomez - Jul 31, 2012
- Migrants to US learn English by describing own lives - Jun 13, 2011
- Gloria Trevi presents second single of new album - May 10, 2011
- A Mexican shop making guitars since 1947 - Nov 13, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez says being a mom comes first - May 07, 2012
- Shakira sends her dad a `Happy Birthday' video - Sep 07, 2012
- Musician blends mariachi with country - Jul 25, 2012
- NY film festival honours `Maria My Love', `El regreso' - Aug 23, 2011
- Pitbull to provide theme song for `Men in Black 3' - Mar 23, 2012
- Selena Gomez plans to come out with new album in summer - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: chris perez, corpus christi, dignity, efe, fan club, guitarist, holding hands, horror, last time, los dinos, love story, memoir, point of view, selena quintanilla, teenager, truth about, widower, wife chris, yolanda saldivar