Scientists reveal that eating fruits and vegetables could make people cuterMarch 8th, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Mar 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) For years, scientists have outlined the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables. The two groups of food are classified as the healthy diets but a new study will give you the more reason to want to eat more fruits and vegetables.
Scientists from the St. Andrews University conducted a study to determine the effect that consumption of fruits and vegetables have on the appearance of a person. The research was conducted on 35 people. All the study subjects were aged between 18 and 25 years.
Before the start of the study, the researchers took photographs of the participants. The researchers identified that after the study, the participants who took 2.9 more portions of fruits and vegetables looked healthier when compared with the others. When their portion was increased to 3.3 portions more, the researchers identified that it affected their looks, making them more attractive. The notable part of the body which was changed was the skin.
The study was published in the journal PLoS ONE.
Lead author, Ross Whitehead, explained that, “A lot of the people were already eating close to the recommended amount. But we found even a couple of extra portions could still make a difference to their skin color.”
- Teens junking healthy lifestyle kiss happiness away - Mar 04, 2012
- Women prefer gold hued skin rather than masculine face - Feb 12, 2012
- Carrots 'make people more attractive' - Jan 08, 2011
- Eating fruits and vegetables gives you a healthy tan - Jan 12, 2011
- Avoiding exercise 'can prematurely age your face' - Sep 17, 2010
- Eating plenty of vegetables is key to a glowing skin - Jan 12, 2011
- Eating poorly 'can increase the risk of depression' - Jan 27, 2011
- Eating fruits, veggies can make you look sexy! - Nov 17, 2009
- 85mn-year-old fossil of marine predator Mosasaur reveals new secrets - Aug 11, 2010
- Cancer linked to loss of protein that hooks skin cells together - Oct 22, 2010
- Organic strawberries 'are more nutritious' - Sep 02, 2010
- Dining with friends can make you fat - Sep 03, 2012
- Eating more fruits, veggies may help kick the butt - Jun 07, 2012
- Eating fruits and vegetables will not protect you from cancer: Study - Dec 01, 2010
- Keep food out of sight to eat less - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,