Satya Paul celebrates silver jubilee, pays tribute to womenMarch 9th, 2010 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 9 (IANS) Designer Punnet Nanda participated in the Lakme Fashion Week for the first time to celebrate 25th anniversary of his label Satya Paul and paid tribute to women across the globe for making his brand a success.
“Through this collection I am thanking all those women who have made Satya Paul such a success. I am here because of them (women) and I wanted to thank them in a special manner hence I chose Women’s Day to showcase my collections,” Nanda told IANS after the show Monday.
Actress-anchor Mandira Bedi opened the show by walking the ramp in a colourful shimmering blue-red sari, while Miss India Sara Jane, clad in a bright red sari, closed the show.
The theme of the show was “Zen, Zest, Zip, Zap and Zing” and perfecting the mood of the spring-summer collection, the line boasted of saris, dresses and tunics in the hues of blue, green, lemon, light orange, peach and pink.
“It was all about breaking away from colourful prints and highlight on bold graphic patterns in white and other shades that define the season,” said Nanda.
- Mandira Bedi rocks Kolkata in Satya Paul collection - Sep 12, 2009
- Satya Paul designer gives audience bow a miss - Nov 19, 2010
- Puneet Nanda of Satya Paul inspired by tarot cards - Sep 21, 2010
- Satya Paul coming up with a more economic line - Mar 16, 2011
- From apparel to laptop accessories, Satya Paul explores new avenues - Jun 07, 2012
- Shruti Haasan walks LFW runway in tarot card inspired sari - Sep 20, 2010
- Satya Paul apparels wow Malaysians - Nov 24, 2010
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Neeru Kumar pays tribute to Indian fabrics at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- No Bollywood, only fashion on first day of PFW - Nov 19, 2010
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Anuradha Ramam to take Indian weaves to San Francisco (With Images) - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: 25th anniversary, colourful prints, graphic patterns, hues, lakme fashion week, lemon light, light orange, mandira bedi, miss india, ramp, sara jane, sari, satya paul, silver jubilee, spring summer, those women, tunics, zen zest, zing, zip zap