Saris with a twist by Kiran Uttam Ghosh (With Images)January 14th, 2012 - 2:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 14 (IANS) Designer Kiran Uttam Ghosh, known for her chic and glamourous designs, has presented a modern avatar of the six-yard sari for the new-age woman.
The designer has launched her sari range under her pret line - Chiconomics. The collection is unique in terms of drapes and presentation.
“Blending my signature style, spirit and spunk, the saris are fluid and light weight, giving today’s women the simplicity and drama of a well cut ensemble with sensual, understated, sexy zipped-edges and smart pleats,” Ghosh said in a statement.
Showcasing an entire gamut of ethnic wear in a lighter, playful and more contemporary tone, the saris are designed using cutting edge technology on fabrics like georgettes, chiffons and satin.
Ghosh says “the favoured colors this season are bright acid shades like orange, lime green and coral along with a more mellow jewel-toned range,” and her collection is also dominated by the same.
The designer feels her clothes are understated and can appeal to those who do not like to go overboard with jazzy clothes.
“Our label has defied categorisation, and our clothes are understated, with silhouettes, characteristic and textures that refuse to be bracketed by terms such as eastern or western. This is what appeals to fashionistas,” said Ghosh.
The new sari collection is available at the designer’s store with a price on request.
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- For designer Kiran, large size clothes are success mantra - Nov 30, 2011
- 'Mantilla' a hand-stitched line by Jaya Rathore (With Images) - Jun 21, 2011
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Go for stylish holiday wear this summer (With Image) - Mar 29, 2012
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Jacqueline dislikes Bollywood celebs on the ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,