Sanjay Dutt sings for wife, walks the rampAugust 6th, 2011 - 1:35 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 6 (IANS) Sanjay Dutt walked the ramp for a jewellery show here Friday night, hand in hand with his wife Manyata and even sang a few lines for her, to loud cheers from the crowd.
Wearing a white Sherwani designed by Vikram Phadnis, Sanjay who is one of the brand ambassadors of Gitanjali jewels, walked the ramp with Manyata, who was dressed in a beige heavily embellished saree and black blouse, sporting exquisite diamond jewellery. The couple drew tremendous applause.
Then the emcee asked Sanjay to hum a few lines for his wife, and accepting the request, the 52-year-old actor sang a line of his song “Ae Shivani”, changing the lyrics a little bit and incorporating Manyata’s name in the song instead of Shivani.
To this Manyata, who last year gave birth to the couple’s twins, a boy named Shahraan and a girl named Iqra, expressed her love for Sanjay by saying: “The biggest diamond of my life is my husband and my two kids.”
Sanjay had married Manyata in 2008, after two years of dating.
The event also saw appearances by Bipasha Basu, Ajay Devgn, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Neha Dhupia, Riya Sen and Prachi Desai among others.
- With kids around, no time for romance: Manyata Dutt - Feb 02, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt's babies most beautiful: SRK - Jul 25, 2011
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- Arshad happy for Ronit (Movie Snippets) - Jan 30, 2011
- IIJW's opening show blends glamour with cause - Jul 31, 2011
- Bollywood's women power dazzles at IIJW - Aug 03, 2011
- I want to be like my father: Sanjay Dutt - Apr 26, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- From glamour to business, Rajasthan Fashion Week promises to be grand - May 23, 2012
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- Bipasha to walk the ramp with mother - Jul 31, 2011
- Pallavi Jaikishan goes traditional at LFW - Aug 04, 2012
- Kalki gets her own 'Senorita' moment on the ramp - Aug 02, 2011
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj Khosla - Aug 28, 2010
Tags: ambassadors, biggest diamond, bipasha basu, blouse, diamond jewellery, emcee, exquisite diamond, gitanjali jewels, jewellery show, loud cheers, lyrics a little bit, manyata, neha dhupia, nitin mukesh, prachi desai, riya sen, sanjay dutt, sherwani, song ae, vikram phadnis