Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFWAugust 7th, 2012 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 6 (IANS) Designer Sanchita Ajjampur displayed a wide range of casual resort wear for men and women that was inspired by the Wild, Wild West at the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2012 Monday.
Edgy and wearable were the keywords for her latest menswear offering. The collection included jackets, long shirts and casual T-shirts.
“The men’s collection was inspired by the native American Indian. It has a wide range of hand crafted resort wear. A man should not look like he spends too much time thinking about what to wear. The clothes need to be understated and subdued,” Sanchita said.
The women’s wear consisted of a lot of metallic black, gold and chiffons with magnificent embellishment.
Sanchita described the women’s wear collection as the “Fire Bird” line.
“My collection is inspired by the legendary ballet called Fire Bird. It talks about the multiple aspects of a woman’s life,” the designer said.
The collection included a gorgeous range of cocktail dresses, gowns and miniskirts.
The designer said that though her collection has been made in India, it is “compatible with any place in the world”.
Bollywood celebrities Ira Dubey, Richa Chadha and Simon Singh were present at the show.
- Accessories to dominate Sanchita's menswear line - Aug 29, 2011
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image) - Apr 05, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Dresses inspired by red carpet glamour in LFW (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- Fashion goes beyond ramp; gets wearable, affordable (LFW Review) - Aug 08, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Wanted, more designers for menswear - Sep 02, 2011
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- 17 brands to participate in India Mens Week - Aug 21, 2011
Tags: ballet, black gold, celebrities, chadha, chiffons, cocktail dresses, dubey, embellishment, fire bird, gowns, ira, lakme fashion week, lfw, men and women, menswear, mumbai, native american indian, richa, simon singh, wild wild west