Russians polled ‘worst dressed tourists’August 31st, 2012 - 9:14 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 31 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russians have been found as world’s worst dressers in a poll involving over 12,000 people from six countries.
Conducted by Skyscanner, Europe’s leading travel search site, the survey found the Russian tourists have a bit of a style problem and are the worst dressers in the world.
The travel search site, surveyed people in six countries and asked them who they believed to be the home to the most stylish people and who were the biggest losers on the catwalk.
The Russians scored lowest with 13 points out of 60, especially in the eyes of the British, Spanish and Dutch.
British and Spanish respondents gave Russian tourists the lowest scores - just one point - while the Dutch gave the same number of points to Russians and Germans.
The Dutch trail the Russians with 20 points, voted down by Swedes and Danes.
The third least stylish dressers are the Turks with 21 points, followed by Germans (25) and Swedes (31). Italians scored the highest with 58 points, ahead of Spaniards (51) and French (42).
British and Danish travellers bring up the rear with 39 and 33 points, respectively.
“The results of the survey are discouraging for our compatriots,” said Tatyana Danilova, Skyscanner manager for market development Russia.
“However, what foreigners regard as poor style is often a style that evolved in a country that had long been isolated from the rest of the world.”
- Skycanner survey reveals that the worst tourists are Brits - May 05, 2011
- Russian firms most likely to bribe: Global survey - Nov 03, 2011
- Russian club Kuban sign Ajax's Ozbiliz - Aug 09, 2012
- Russia plans two space laboratories by 2016 - Aug 31, 2012
- Olympic swimming: Russia takes synchronised team gold - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympics: Gelana wins gold in women's marathon - Aug 05, 2012
- Real's Diarra set to join Anzhi - Sep 01, 2012
- Russian border guards rescue Dutch kayaker - Sep 07, 2012
- Italy beat England on penalties in Euro Cup - Jun 25, 2012
- Muslim woman sentenced in Russia over extremist article - Sep 13, 2012
- Russia warns citizens not to travel to Syria - Jun 21, 2012
- Ukraine introduces ban on public smoking - May 25, 2012
- Olympic triple jump : Kazakhstan's Rypakova leaps to gold - Aug 06, 2012
- Germany to get first Islamic bank in October - Aug 30, 2012
- Olympic equestrian: Dujardin prances to dressage gold for Britain - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: biggest losers, catwalk, compatriots, dressers, foreigners, germans, italians, moscow, poll, poor style, respondents, rest of the world, ria novosti, russian tourists, russians, spaniards, swedes, travel search, travellers, turks