Russian women skydivers set world recordJuly 24th, 2012 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A total of 88 women skydivers of Russia’s Zhemchuzhina Rossii team have set a world record for the number of people linked together in a single arrangement, the country’s sports ministry said Monday.
The team made a flower over the town of Kolomna near Moscow.
“With this result they beat last year’s record of the German parachutists who had managed to form a figure of 84 people,” the ministry said in a statement.
It took the Russian athletes about a week to prepare for the performance and four attempts to perform the feat successfully, the statement said.
The team is planning to break the record with a figure of 100 people next summer.
- Russia to set up anti-paedophile squads - Aug 07, 2012
- Russia rains: Toll rises to nearly 80 (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- Russia to make Mi-171 helicopters for China - Aug 21, 2012
- ISS crew to return to Earth Nov 26 - Nov 23, 2010
- Putin warns against bypassing UNSC Syria veto - Jul 21, 2012
- Demanding beer, Russians threaten to bomb shop - Jan 16, 2012
- Russian military cadet dies in skydive - Apr 05, 2012
- Russia to send 436 athletes to London 2012 - Jul 10, 2012
- North Korea threatens to re-examine n-issue - Jul 21, 2012
- Russian Olympic medallists given luxury cars - Aug 16, 2012
- Russia seeks extradition of arms dealer from US - Aug 23, 2012
- Russia, South Africa discussing joint weapons development - Sep 18, 2012
- 700 observers to monitor Russian presidential poll - Mar 01, 2012
- Russia to unveil air defence system at Indian air show - Feb 05, 2011