Rudolph Themed Charmed Bracelets RecalledMarch 12th, 2010 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Los Angeles, Mar 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Christmas-themed bracelets, which featured different characters of holiday themed movies, including Rudolph have gained huge popularity among children. However, sources reported that Rudolph bracelets will not be available in the market anymore. As per the reports, on Thursday, the Federal Safety Commission declared these bracelets unsafe for usage. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has recently found that the charm bracelets of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” contain an excessive amount of cadmium. They have declared these bracelets unsafe for children after testing them in the laboratory.
According to the reports, children have been suggested not to use these bracelets as the chemicals present in them can cause severe health problems. Reports indicated that these bracelets released carcinogen and exposure to this chemical is unsafe for children. It can also lead to the damage of a child’s bones and kidneys. Though many children found these charm bracelets to be extremely attractive and have included them in their collection of jewelry, none of the children, have so far reported experiencing any kind of health issue from these chemicals.
In the recent days, the federal commission has been investigating different products to check their chemical composition and sources reported that “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” bracelets might not be the last item to be included in the list. Reports indicate that, these bracelets were not the first children jewelry to be recalled due to the presence of an excessive amount of cadmium. Some sources reported that the commission had recalled one more jewelry for the same reason. Parents are always careful about the chemical composition of children jewelry and the recent news would surely escalate their concern.
- "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" Live On Stage - Dec 02, 2010
- New Brand of Kid's Jewelry Recalled by Feds; More To Come - May 11, 2010
- Likelihood Of The Recall Of More Kids' Jewelry Exists - May 11, 2010
- How 'Rudolf' became the 'Red-Nosed Reindeer' - Dec 22, 2010
- Federal Regulators Recall 19,000 China Made Kids' Jewelry - May 11, 2010
- Toxic Miley Cyrus Jewelry Unearthed At Wal-Mart - May 20, 2010
- WARNING: Toxic Miley Cyrus Jewelry Finally Recalled by Walmart! - May 20, 2010
- Rudolph the red nosed reindeer is actually a female - Nov 03, 2009
- Kids jewelry made in China being recalled - May 11, 2010
- McDonalds Recalls Shrek Glasses, Customers Get Confused - Jun 05, 2010
- WARNING: Walmart Issues Recall on GE Coffee Maker! - May 21, 2010
- February 2010 Children's Toys Recalls Make Headlines - Mar 01, 2010
- Wal-Mart Removes Toxic Miley Cyrus Jewelry - May 20, 2010
- Wal-Mart withdraws toxic 'Miley Cyrus jewelry' - May 20, 2010
- McDonald's recalls 'Shrek' glasses - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: bones, cadmium, carcinogen, charm bracelets, chemical composition, chemicals, consumer product safety, consumer product safety commission, different products, federal safety, health issue, health problems, kar, kidneys, popularity, product safety commission, reason parents, recent news, red nosed reindeer, rudolph the red nosed reindeer