Royal silhouettes inspire designer’s cocktail collection (With Images)March 10th, 2011 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) Are you looking for cocktail dresses? Here comes a new collection, inspired by royal Indian silhouettes but with modern cuts.
Designer Pam Mehta’s latest collection has been launched under her label - Kisneel by Pam - and the designer believes the new designs are one of its kind.
“The collection is a wonderful amalgamation of colours and cuts, which we’ve never seen before. The garments will portray an image of royalty with modern cuts,” she said at an event Wednesday evening.
She has experimented with trails, twists and uneven hemlines. The collection comprises of capes and anarkalis with trails made with organza, chiffon, net and georgette.
When asked about the colours, she said: “From melon hues and neons to strawberry reds and hot pinks - some of the bizarre hues are splashed together.”
The designer, who has been a regular face at fashion weeks like Lakme Fashion Week (Mumbai) and Bridal Asia (Delhi) for the past few seasons, is taking a break this time.
Explaining the reason, she said: “I am busy with many exhibitions and shows, so it is impossible to find time to make a collection for fashion weeks.”
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- I believe in presenting India-inspired collections: Manish Malhotra - Dec 13, 2011
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Urmila Matondkar walks ramp in bridal attire - Oct 30, 2010
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan creates frenzy on LFW day three - Sep 19, 2010
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: amalgamation, capes, cocktail collection, cocktail dresses, colours, fashion week, fashion weeks, garments, georgette, hues, mehta, mumbai, neons, New Delhi, pam, pinks, silhouettes, strawberry reds, twists, wednesday evening