Royal Air Force sends out condoms to attract 20,000 recruitsMay 14th, 2008 - 12:54 pm ICT by admin
London, May 14 (ANI): Top brass of the Royal Air Force are sending out condoms to 20,000 young men in a recruitment drive.
They are mounted on cards with the slogan: Apply to weapon when on manoeuvres, reports The Sun
Potential recruits are being told how a non-lubricated condom can be used by troops on operations to carry water, stop bleeding and prevent sand jamming of a weapon.
The cards also invite interested men to road shows around the country to learn how the crack infantry regiment defends air bases.
The campaign to raise the regiments profile was commissioned by the Central Office of Information the Governments communications agency.
We felt the condom would appeal to the target audience and hopefully encourage them to think about the RAF Regiment in a different way rather than just at face value, The Sun quoted Emily White, an officials of agency, as saying.
The Ministry of Defence told The Sun: We seek fit, enthusiastic young men and the advert aims to stimulate a response through humour. (ANI)
- Royal Air Force connects to India with 'Chammak challo' (With image) - Mar 10, 2012
- RAF holds staff course to beat fear of flying - Apr 21, 2011
- Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh is new army vice chief - Nov 01, 2011
- BAE Systems upgrades Hawk trainer to near-front line status - Apr 19, 2011
- Indian Army to hold summer exercise in Rajasthan desert - Feb 26, 2012
- 'British Typhoons whacked India's Sukhois in joint exercises' - Jul 24, 2011
- Now a choice of perfect fit for you, mate - Dec 08, 2011
- Uganda faces condom shortage as demand soars - Feb 15, 2012
- 'Crazy Stupid Love' - poignant and hilarious (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 16, 2011
- Hitler's heroic exploits in World War I 'were a Nazi propaganda myth' - Mar 14, 2011
- Congress questions leak of army chief's letter - Mar 28, 2012
- PETA's new Veggie Love ad for Super Bowl deemed too raunchy for TV - Feb 02, 2011
- India, France perfect counter-insurgency warfare skills - Oct 21, 2011
- British spy planes grounded over safety fears - Apr 14, 2012
- More British troops ordered into Helmand badlands to rout Taliban - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: advert, air bases, communications agency, condom, condoms, face value, governments, humour, infantry regiment, interested men, manoeuvres, ministry of defence, raf regiment, recruitment drive, royal air force, slogan, target audience, top brass, water stop, young men