Rosily Paul impresses with handmade jewellery at IIJWAugust 1st, 2011 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 1 (IANS) Designer Rosily Paul, who specialises in modern and customised jewellery designs, promoted handmade jewellery at the India International Jewellery Week (IIJW). She took inspiration from nature while deciding colours for her collection.
“The technology that I have tried to promote is the handmade jewellery. The lace work is the technical aspect that I wanted to highlight this time. Whatever has been showcased is all handmade jewellery.
“I have also used textiles like silk, leather and fabrics. You know, you can make your jewellery much more colourful, not just only larding it with diamonds but adding other accessories as well,” Rosily told reporters after the show.
Winner of 16 prestigious awards from across the world, Rosily showcased arrays of designs on diamond pearls and gold - a special collection for fashion conscious stylish and modern women.
The theme of her collection was based on the vibrant colours found in nature.
“Reflection of colours is one of the key parts of my collection this time. Nature inspired me so I took colours of seasons, flowers, peacocks even shades emitted by different planets. I have worked with different colourful stones,” said Rosily.
- Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images) - Aug 02, 2011
- Day one at IIJW ends in style with 'Jewels of Falaknuma' - Aug 01, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor becomes face of India International Jewellery Week - Jun 07, 2011
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- Designer wants Abhishek Bachchan's picture on jewellery piece - Aug 18, 2010
- Making nuggets glitter at jewellery shows not easy: Fashion choreographers - Aug 19, 2010
- Bollywood glitters at India's first jewellery week inaugural - Aug 15, 2010
- Vijay Golecha's dream; design jewellery for Rekha - Aug 01, 2011
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- Keep your jewellery sparkling through monsoon - Aug 07, 2011
- Exquisite jewellery with Bollywood glam sums up IIJW (Review) - Aug 05, 2011
- Zee Trendz To Showcase Indian International Jewellery Week 2010 - Aug 26, 2010
- Designer jewellery lures enthusiasts at an exhibition in Ludhiana - Sep 04, 2010
- IIJW ramp turns into wedding show! - Aug 03, 2011
- Magic of Banarasi sari recreated on ramp (With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,