Rolling Stones song revives man from comaAugust 18th, 2008 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 18 (ANI): Members of British band The Rolling Stones have been hailed as heroes after one of their songs woke up a fan of theirs from a coma.
Brit citizen Sam Carter had lost consciousness after contracting severe anaemia, and he only woke up after his favourite Stones track I Can”t Get No Satisfaction was blasted into his ears.
Carter, from Stoke, England, was given just a 30 per cent survival rate by doctors.
His wife Eva was advised by doctors to play his favourite track through headphones strapped to her husband’’s head.
“I suddenly had a burst of energy and knew I had a lot more life left in me and that’’s when I woke up - to the sound of the first song I ever bought, Contactmusic quoted Carter as saying.
“I would love to thank Mick (Jagger) and the rest of the Stones personally - I feel they really did help wake me from my coma,” he added.
Ironically, the single was the first the retired baker bought when he was a teenager in 1965. (ANI)
- Rahman in Mick Jagger's new band - May 22, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am injured while filming video - Oct 24, 2011
- Jerry Hall slams Keith Richards' slur on Mick Jagger's manhood - Oct 18, 2010
- Today is Mick Jagger's birthday - Jul 26, 2011
- Rolling Stones planning comeback tour for next year - Oct 29, 2010
- Keith Richards' 'tiny willy' jibe at Sir Mick Jagger - Oct 15, 2010
- Richards frustrated at delayed Stones record - Jun 07, 2010
- We packed the ego and made a song: Band member A.R. Rahman - Sep 10, 2011
- Mick Jagger dances to keep fit - Sep 25, 2011
- Mick Jagger says Keith Richards' autobiography is "a bit bitchy" - Nov 05, 2010
- Mick Jagger says he'll never marry again - Dec 06, 2010
- Jagger was too possessive: Richards - Oct 15, 2010
- Mick Jagger 'believed he was bigger than Stones' - Oct 25, 2010
- Julian Assange has groupie sex fan following like that of Mick Jagger - Dec 20, 2010
- Girl in coma wakes up hearing mom sing - Jun 19, 2012