Rohtak university goes Wi-Fi!January 27th, 2009 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Rohtak (Haryana), Jan 27 (IANS) Haryana’s Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU) Tuesday became a completely Wi-Fi (wireless fidelity) campus with the commencement of an integrated telephony and internet system.Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda inaugurated the facility on the university campus here.
Hooda hoped that research and development activity in the university would get a boost with the new facility being introduced. He complimented MDU vice-chancellor R.P. Hooda for introducing the wi-fi connectivity on the campus.
The vice-chancellor said the MDU campus was now the largest wi-fi campus in Haryana.
HCL Info-systems has executed the wide area networking project.
The new integrated system provides for high-speed, high-bandwidth and optic fibre connectivity to all offices and departments of the university. Users will be able to access high internet speed, MDU officials said.
- Haryana varsity suspends three students for ragging - Jun 02, 2010
- Wi-Fi connectivity on Howrah Rajdhani from September - Mar 30, 2012
- Apple's new iPad hits Japanese market - Mar 16, 2012
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Vodafone launches mobile wi-fi device - Mar 14, 2011
- HCL Infosystems bags Rs.300 crore air force project - Mar 17, 2011
- Age limit for vice chancellors in Haryana raised to 68 - Sep 07, 2010
- Airport Metro offers bouquet of mobile phone links - Apr 30, 2012
- JK Organisation setting up university in Jaipur - Oct 19, 2010
- AirTran Airways and Delta to offer free Wi-Fi during holiday season - Nov 09, 2010
- Chinese warned against using web in public places - Mar 01, 2012
- Haryana government announces state sports fund - Nov 21, 2009
- HCL Infosystems to sell arm to Tikona - Jan 19, 2011
- HCL Infosystems to set up research centre in Kerala - Dec 07, 2010
- HCL Infosystems' Dubai arm signs deal with Emirates group - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: bhupinder singh, chief minister, commencement, connectivity, haryana, hcl, high bandwidth, hooda, integrated system, internet speed, internet system, maharshi dayanand university, mdu, networking project, research and development, rohtak university, university users, vice chancellor, wi fi wireless, wireless fidelity