Rohit Bal casts Arjun in princely look for CannesMay 14th, 2012 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Rohit Bal and Arjun Rampal are known for their strong bonding, both on and off the ramp. Now the designer has created a special outfit for the actor to give him a princely look for his maiden appearance at the forthcoming Cannes International Film Festival red carpet.
Confirming the news, Bal told IANS: “I can’t disclose the design, but yes it will be an Indian look. He is going to be seen like a prince with no bling in the attire. The design will be super chic and I am confident that people will be amazed to see Arjun in Cannes this time.”
Arjun, 39, will walk the red carpet at the 65th edition of the festival, starting May 16, as the brand ambassador for Chivas, official partner of the event. He will be accompanied by wife Mehr, a former supermodel.
Asked if he too would attend the cinematic extravaganza, the ace designer said: “No, I will not accompany him as I am doing four different projects, which is keeping me busy nowadays. Arjun is there with my designs, so that’s Ok.”
Bal is a name to reckon with in the Indian fashion industry. Known for mixing traditional and modern themes, he showcased his creations at global platforms in New York, Paris, and Singapore.
He also took care of Amitabh Bachchan’s wardrobe for the fifth season of “Kaun Banega Crorepati” and for the upcoming edition of the game show.
“It’s an honour to be felicitated with so many reputed names, both nationally and internationally. Mr. Bachchan has an aura, which is difficult to match and I am thankful that my clothes are justifying him completely,” said the 54-year-old.
- Arjun meets Pattinson, Stewart in Cannes - May 26, 2012
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Arjun to walk Cannes red carpet with wife - May 08, 2012
- Delay in 'Common Man' my fault: Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - May 04, 2012
- Saif excited about walking red carpet at Cannes - May 05, 2011
- 'KBC 5' to go on air in August, Rohit Bal to design for Big B - May 05, 2011
- It's the 'bandhgala' for Big B in 'KBC 5' (With Images) - May 05, 2011
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- KBC winner will be rural job scheme brand ambassador - Nov 14, 2011
- Not styling Ash for Cannes red carpet: Sabyassachi - May 20, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan bows down to Nitin Desai's artistic caliber - Aug 09, 2011
- Amitabh wins 'distinguished personality' award - Jun 15, 2011
- Ravi Bajaj designs Amitabh's classic 'KBC' look (With Image) - Oct 02, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan to host fourth edition of KBC - Jul 08, 2010
- 'Gangs...' male dominant, but with strong women: Huma Qureshi - May 19, 2012
Tags: ambassador, amitabh bachchan, arjun rampal, bling, cannes international film festival, chivas, crorepati, extravaganza, fashion industry, fifth season, honour, indian fashion, international film festival, mr bachchan, New Delhi, ramp, red carpet, rohit bal, supermodel, wardrobe