Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand wayNovember 21st, 2010 - 1:42 am ICT by IANS
Pune, Nov 21 (IANS) Famous fashion designer Rocky S concluded the three day Pune Fashion Week (PFW) here Saturday, with his delicately crafted collection of Indo-western attires.
The full house for Rocky’s show buzzed with a tremendous applause as models sashayed down the ramp showcasing a collection of lehengas, sarees, churidar and kurtas and evening gowns.
“My collection was for the women of today, who is beautiful, has traveled the world, is modern yet traditional,” Rocky told IANS.
“This is very special to me because each piece is carefully developed and took more than four months to finish,” he added.
The fabrics used for show were silk, chiffon, satin, net, georgette, velvet and other textured fabrics. The colour range was in combination of red, green, nude, chocolate brown, maroon, black, ivory, grey and beige.
The primarily Indian collection also had a section called the tribal shock collection, which included digital prints, which were a mix of floral and leopard motifs.
Overall, the silhouettes consisted of layering, drapes, elaborate volume and structured torso with edged out sleeves.
The show was a grand affair and a good end to the fashion week.
- Shilpa, Chitrangada mesmerise at WIFW finale - Oct 28, 2010
- Red ramp, muted tones highlight of Seema Singh's show - Nov 20, 2010
- Rocky S Wants To Dress Up Bipasha Basu On Her Marriage - Nov 13, 2010
- Satya Paul designer gives audience bow a miss - Nov 19, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan creates frenzy on LFW day three - Sep 19, 2010
- Bipasha walks in Lakme Fashion Week inaugural show - Mar 05, 2010
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Raakesh Agarvwal sparkles at Pune Fashion Week - Nov 18, 2010
- Running after kids keeps me fit: Raveena Tandon - Nov 20, 2010
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- Varun Bahl opens Couture Week; Madhuri cheers - Jul 23, 2011
- I want to dress up Bipasha on her wedding: Rocky S - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: applause, black ivory, churidar, colour range, curtains, digital prints, drapes, evening gowns, fashion designer, fashion week, four months, full house, georgette, grand affair, kurtas, motifs, pfw, silhouettes, silk chiffon, textured fabrics