Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images)February 4th, 2012 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) Designer Ritika Bhasin, known for her festive collection, has created a unique range of multi-purpose bridal wear, which has exquisite suits-cum-gowns that can be used again and again.
“In India, women’s clothing varies widely and is closely related to culture, region and climate. Traditionally, Indian women go for saris, suits and lehengas. The collection conceptualised by me is extremely traditional yet modern. I have come up with exquisite suits-cum-gowns which can be draped either way,” Bhasin told IANS.
“Most of the women today prefer wearing gowns-cum-suits for their cocktail parties. Because of the increased garments prices, people don’t want to use them for different occasion like birthday bashes, kirtans or karva chauth in form of suits,” she added.
The collection primarily focuses on ethnic wear for occasions like weddings, festivals, anniversaries, birthday parties, baby shower, inauguration parties and other traditional events.
The silhouette varies from suits, saris, lehengas with lot of intricate sequins, beads and gotta-pati work.
“My aim is to make stylish pieces with Indian motifs, finish, texture, details and colours. A lot of velvet, brocade, chiffons, georgette in red, gold, fuschia and coral have been used. These days a lot of voluminous flowy suits, gowns are in vogue with geometric cuts, thus to maintain the essence of femininity, I decided to add glam, glitz and fashion to the collection,” she said.
With the collection, the designer targets young girls.
“I have targeted girls in the age group of 25-35 years who don’t want to repeat clothes and for them looking beautiful is value for money,” Bhasin said.
The collection is available at the designer’s store at price on request.
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Actresses Neha Dhupia, Prachi Desai walk the ramp at Mumbai's India Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- New Puja wardrobe: Jeggings, maxis, gowns - Oct 04, 2011
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Women go hi-tech, husbands join in Karva Chauth fast - Oct 15, 2011
- Neha, Prachi add glamour to Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
Tags: bhasin, birthday bashes, bridal wear, brocade, cocktail parties, culture region, ethnic wear, femininity, festive collection, fuschia, georgette, glitz, india women, indian motifs, indian women, kirtans, red gold, sequins beads, texture details, trousseau