Riot of colour, gypsy designs…Malini Ramani concludes LFW in styleSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 22 (IANS) Celebrated designer Malini Ramani presented her gypsy collection, filled with energy, colour, music and dance, making for an extravagant finale at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) here.
Inspired by her journeys in different parts of the world, Malini’s collection Tuesday was a celebration of colour and textures. The clothes were vibrant, feminine and Bohemian. The look on the ramp was created with products from the Lakme Gypsy Collection.
“The designs are just from my own imagination. Different things from different parts, from my dreams or even while driving to work. It can pop up any time. But ya, it is exotic, tribal and gypsy like,” Ramani, dressed in a gypsy outfit herself, told reporters here.
LFW started Sep 17 and saw 74 designers showcasing their collections.
Ramani’s show started with an audio visual. Mystery, Bliss, Cosmic and Nirvana were the four categories for the collection.
Mystery showcased black long garments with shimmering mirror and shell embroidery, with halter sarongs, waistcoats, Jodhpur pants, mini rompers, dhoti jumpers and skinny pants.
The second section, Bliss, was a mÃ©lange of hues ranging from yellow, red, orange to black, brown and green stripes and prints with batik for beach tubes, minis, draped printed vests and slim slinky gowns.
Ramani went into Cosmic mode with diagonal one-shoulder sleeve minis that had feather, shell and coin embellishments.
Finally Nirvana was black and red with mirror work tops and tasselled skirts.
The sections were interspersed with amazing acrobatic acts that left the audience spellbound.
Bollywood had thin attendance at the grand finale with only Rahul Bose and Tejaswini Kolhapure in the first row. However, celebrities like Shobha De were seen enjoying the show.
- Mumbai's Lakme Fashion Week concludes - Sep 22, 2010
- Malini Ramani The Perfect Choice For Lakme Grand Finale - Aug 05, 2010
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Mix of colours, contrast and bling at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week to pay tribute to Indian textiles - Feb 29, 2012
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: batik, bohemian, celebrated designer, embellishments, grand finale, gypsy designs, hues, jodhpur pants, journeys, lakme fashion week, mirror work, music and dance, rahul bose, ramani, shobha de, shoulder sleeve, skinny pants, tejaswini kolhapure, visual mystery, work tops