Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image)July 27th, 2012 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 27 (IANS) Richa Chadha, who is on cloud nine post the success of “Gangs of Wasseypur - Part I”, is all set to grace the runway durng the forthcoming edition of Lakme Fashion Week. The actress will walk as a showstopper for designer Debarun Mukherjee.
The designer has his reasons to choose Richa as his showstopper.
“Richa is frank, fuss-free, and free spirited in real. She is young, energetic and experimental. She loves experimenting with her looks, like her movies. She likes casual, clean and fuss-free garments and that’s why I think she perfectly suits my design sensibility,” Mukherjee told IANS.
At the five-day fashion extravaganza, starting Aug 3, the designer will present a collection titled Omnipresent.
The silhouettes in the collection vary from flared and layered skirts, dhoti-inspired skirt, high-collared tops to pleated pants and saris for women. His men’s collection boasts of the Indian sherwani look, semi transparent shirt kurta and draw string pants.
Mukherjee has chosen “the rich hand woven fabrics of Bhagalpur” for his line.
“My clothes are made in tussar, matka, katan and monga. The whole collection keeps in mind the winter-festive feel for the upcoming season of festivity, marriages and other occasions. The look is layered with prints, embellishments and accessories,” he said.
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Anurag attends Kalki's ramp show - Aug 20, 2011
- I don't believe in showstoppers: Pallavi Jaikishan - Aug 03, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: bhagalpur, chadha, cloud nine, design sensibility, embellishments, fashion extravaganza, fashion week, festivity, forthcoming edition, free garments, gangs, katan, kurta, lfw, pleated pants, richa, saris, showstopper, silhouettes, transparent shirt