Rest in peace Prabuddha dada, says fashion worldAugust 13th, 2012 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) The fashion world Sunday mourned Prabuddha Dasgupta, a self-taught photographer known for his controversial collection of portraits, especially nude photos of urban Indian women, and termed him a “legend”.
Dasgupta, 58, died Sunday.
Dasgupta’s work has been exhibited internationally, both in solo and group shows, and published in Indian, French, English, Italian and American magazines.
Apart from photography, he also wrote books and was the recipient of many awards, including the Yves Saint Laurent grant for photography in 1991.
Here is what the fashion world had to say on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter:
Fashion photographer Dabboo Ratnani: “Just received the sad news that Prabudha DasGupta passed away. He was a Brilliant Photographer. I had assisted him on a shoot many years ago.”
Designer Masaba Gupta: “Thankyou for the images, thank you for the inspiration but we must meet in another life. RIP Prabuddha Dasgupta.”
Bollywood actress and former model Neha Dhupia: “Shocked and saddened to hear about Prabhuddha Das Gupta. A photographer, a genius … One of the best we had! RIP. I remember him telling me.. “All you need is a smile to face the camera, make up is just a coincidence!”
Designer Abdul Halder: “Your art will remain eternal forever! Rest in peace Dada!”
Fashion photographer Atul Kasbekar: “Shocked to hear that Prabudha DasGupta passed away at a shoot. Brilliant fashion photographer who shot iconic images for nearly three decades.”
Designer Samant Chauhan: “Prabudha DasGupta R.I.P.. one of India’s legendary photographer is no more…but his work will remain forever…”
Make-up expert Clint Fernandes: “Really sad and still in shock! its a great great loss of a wonderful Human being and one of the best photographers in our country.”
Fashion photographer Avinash Gowarikar: “I got to know about this loss through my friend. It’s really sad.”
- Bollywood pays tribute ot Ashok Mehta - Aug 15, 2012
- Fashion photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta dead - Aug 12, 2012
- Kareena will be a shocker in 'Heroine', says Bhandarkar - Jan 10, 2012
- Fashion, Bollywood fraternity mourn Viveka Babajee's death - Jun 26, 2010
- Bollywood salutes 'pure genius' Tony Scott - Aug 20, 2012
- Masaba apologises to Gauri-Nainika - Mar 24, 2011
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Masaba excited about father Viv's presence at LFW show - Mar 12, 2011
- Dev Anand no more, film fraternity says 'abhi na jao chodkar' - Dec 04, 2011
- Mandira eager to wear Masaba's outfits after delivery - Mar 12, 2011
- Shameful that Husain couldn't be in homeland: Twitterati - Jun 09, 2011
- Guess Who Is Rituparna Sengupta's New Friend? - Dec 06, 2010
- Masaba gives sari a twist, adds a pocket - Mar 25, 2010
- Rajadhyaksha's death a big loss: Fashion world - Sep 13, 2011
- Vogue's 'dawn of dusk' treatment for 'Snow White syndrome' in India - Apr 11, 2010
Tags: american magazines, avinash, brilliant photographer, controversial collection, country fashion, english italian, facebook, fashion photographer, fashion world, former model, gupta, indian women, legendary photographer, neha dhupia, nude photos, rest in peace, sad news, social networking sites, three decades, yves saint laurent