Replica of Kate’s wedding dress to hit storesMay 4th, 2011 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 4 (IANS) A replica of Duchess of Cambridge Catherine Middleton’s wedding dress, created by designers Michelle and Henry Roth, is set to hit the stores.
Catherine’s dress was kept safely under wraps until the royal wedding on Friday.
Contactmusic.com reports that Roths had began making detailed sketches for a replica just after the wedding ceremony concluded. The designers sell their creations exclusively to Kleinfeld Bridal Salon, the largest wedding boutique in the US.
According to CBS News, “Kate’s dress is a serious game-changer and the Roths are determined to have the perfect couture gown, inspired by Middleton’s, available immediately”.
The designers have been busy working on every detail of their “Kate Dress” and have examined every detail of the original. They reportedly visited New York’s Garment District to find the perfect fabric and soon had women waiting breathlessly for their chance to try on the creation.
According to Britain’s Daily Mirror, New York fashion house Faviana is also attempting to cash in on the interest in Middleton’s dress, introducing a gown named “Princess Kate”.
The dress, made of satin with chiffon French lace, is now ready for production and is available in two shades.
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- Pnina Tornai's Creation To Be Endorsed By Donna Curry - Jan 08, 2011
- Chinese brides-to-be eye Kate's wedding gown - May 04, 2011
- Now, Chinese tailors copy Kate's wedding gown - May 01, 2011
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Has Kate chosen Princess Di's favorite designer for her wedding dress? - Jan 17, 2011
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- British royals may sue if designers make 'Kate Middleton' dresses - Jan 11, 2011
- Sarah Burton is the dress designer for Kate Middleton - Apr 29, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Phillipa Lepley is tipped to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress - Nov 20, 2010
- Kate Middleton is fabulous: Joan Rivers - Oct 24, 2011
- Victoria Beckham wants daughter to grow like princess - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: bridal salon, cbs news, contactmusic, couture gown, daily mirror, duchess, fashion house, faviana, french lace, garment district, henry roth, new york fashion, royal wedding, satin, serious game, sketches, wedding boutique, wedding ceremony, wedding dress, wraps