Rapper Redimi2 to debut as writerSeptember 8th, 2011 - 11:37 am ICT by IANS
San Juan, Sep 8 (IANS/EFE) Rapper Redimi2, who is promoting his latest album “Exterminador Operacion PR”, will make his debut as a writer with a book in which he motivates people to take the good path in life.
The book is titled “Para que te vaya bien” (So that things go well for you).
Willy Gonzalez Cruz, a.k.a. Redimi2, said in an interview with EFE that the book, which will go on sale within the next few months, is not an autobiography but rather a way “to tell young people about the correct decisions that they should make in their lives”.
The 32-year-old artist emphasized that the book will help young people become aware of and admit the mistakes that they could commit in their lives and thus avoid falling into the trap of those who later wind up in jail.
“Nobody does anything so that things go badly for him. He believes that things will go well,” he said.
Redimi2 said “Exterminador Operacion PR” is the first volume of a three-book saga that he has on his agenda.
The books will talk about the problems that Puerto Rico, his native Dominican Republic and the rest of the world are having, including crime and child abuse, he said.
The rapper said he decided to use the term “exterminator” as a positive one so that people use it for “exterminating negative thoughts”.
“It’s not exterminating human beings, but rather … when I get into a person’s mind trying to exterminate from it all the bad things that he’s thinking,” he said.
- Don Omar to compose song for Jennifer Lopez's TV show - Feb 14, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias launches world tour in Puerto Rico - Jan 31, 2011
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- Dominican Republic shipwreck toll rises to 16 - Feb 06, 2012
- Puerto Rican rappers sing on social ills - Jul 03, 2011
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Puerto Rican band taps Oscar winner to direct video - Apr 17, 2012
- Ricky Martin to set up kids's centres across Latin America - Jun 05, 2011
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
- Marc Anthony delights salsa fans in Ecuador - Jul 16, 2011
- Mom hands son over to cops fearing murder - Jan 07, 2012
- Grammy-winning band to release new album - Feb 28, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez plans contest to find Latin American talent - Apr 22, 2011
- Puerto Rican bomba a hit across US - Mar 21, 2012
- Mexican singer Luis Miguel wraps up Spanish tour - May 13, 2012
Tags: autobiography, child abuse, correct decisions, debut, efe, exterminator, gonzalez cruz, human beings, native dominican republic, negative thoughts, old artist, puerto rico, redimi2, rest of the world, saga, san juan, willy gonzalez