Raakesh Agarvwal sparkles at Pune Fashion WeekNovember 18th, 2010 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Nov 18 (IANS) Fashion designer Raakesh Agarvwal Thursday set the tone for the second edition of the Pune Fashion Week (PFW) with his couture collection that was an amalgamation of hand embroideries, delicate drapings and fitting silhouettes.
The collection that moved from flesh tones to peaches and then pinks and fuchsias consisted of short and long dresses, saris with leggings, jackets and pants. The fabrics used were silks, chiffons, lycra and velvets.
“The inspiration of my collection was the song ‘Diamonds are forever’. I love drapings so I have incorporated a lot of that in this collection. I opened the show and it was a big responsibility for me, specially because this is the first time I am doing a show for PFW,” Agarvwal told IANS.
The collection was meant for the trousseau of a modern bride complete with shimmer and blings. The makeup was kept understated with poker straight hair to lay total focus on the collection.
The three-day event that kicked off Thursday will see designers like Vikram Phadnis, among others, showcasing their collections.
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- A grandeur opening by Varun Bahl for DCW - Aug 09, 2012
- Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand way - Nov 21, 2010
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- It's fun designing Genelia's wedding trousseau: Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- It's fashion forward for Pune - Nov 21, 2010
- Malaika pulled out of Phadnis' Pune show at the last minute - Nov 20, 2010
- No Bollywood, only fashion on first day of PFW - Nov 19, 2010
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- Saris with a twist by Kiran Uttam Ghosh (With Images) - Jan 14, 2012
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: amalgamation, couture collection, diamonds are forever, embroideries, fabrics, fashion designer, fashion week, flesh tones, fuchsias, leggings, lycra, makeup, modern bride, peaches, pfw, pinks, shimmer, silhouettes, straight hair, trousseau