Quake hits PhilippinesOctober 2nd, 2008 - 11:27 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
There was an earthquake in Mindanao,Philippines with the magnitude of 4.8 on the Richter scale.
The earthquake occured on Thursday, October 02, 2008 at 01:25:44 UTC ( Coordinated Universal Time ) and Thursday, October 02, 2008 at 09:25:44 AM at epicenter at epicenter local time as reported by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter is NEAR Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao, Philippines,105 km (65 miles) WSW of Butuan, Mindanao, Philippines,140 km (85 miles) E of Dipolog, Mindanao, Philippines,785 km (490 miles) SSE of MANILA, Philippines.
On September 11,2008 there was an earthquake in Indonesia, measuring 6.7 magnitude was traced at 1.9 north latitude, 127.5 east latitude of Halmahera, Indonesia and was felt in parts of Mindanao.
At the time of publishing, there were no reports of any damages.
- Magnitude 5.3 shakes Mindoro, Philippines - Oct 14, 2008
- Moderate quake of 5.2 Richter rocks Mindanao,Philippines - Jul 11, 2008
- Earthquake hits Philippines - Oct 07, 2008
- Slight intensity earthquake rocks China - Oct 01, 2008
- Earthquake measuring 5.2 shakes Kepulauan Talaud, Indonesia - Sep 30, 2008
- Moderate quake rocks Indonesia and Malaysia - Sep 29, 2008
- Philippines typhoon toll rises to 327 - Dec 18, 2011
- Strong earthquake rocks Philippines - Sep 27, 2008
- Philippine typhoon toll crosses 490 (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Strong earthquake shakes Afghanistan - Oct 06, 2008
- An earthquake at Andreanof Islands - Oct 09, 2008
- 170 dead in typhoon in Philippines (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- An Earthquake in Indonesia - Oct 24, 2008
- Strong earthquake jolts Offshore Chiapas, Mexico - Oct 17, 2008
- Earthquake at Andaman Islands, India Region - Oct 04, 2008