Puja Arya’s collection a rhapsody of love and happiness (With Images)March 16th, 2009 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) Designer Puja Arya’s collection of tent dresses, neck-knotted blouses, embroidered jackets, tunics, dresses and skirts - in a mix of gypsy style and hand block printing - are intended to represent a rhapsody of love and happiness at the upcoming Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW).
Through her collection, this Jaipur-based designer has tried to spread happiness among people as her theme - “90 percent heart and 10 percent cotton” - has a direct connection to her heart.
“This collection is straight from my heart. Right now everyone is feeling the heat of recession, so I thought that I have to do something that will bring a smile on everyone’s face. It is very young and funky collection that talks about spreading love and happiness,” Arya told IANS at the preview of her autumn-winter collection here Monday.
The line focuses on hand block printing with off-beat border prints, peacock feather and heart motifs in addition to geometric stripes and polka dots.
“The heart motifs in this line depict that my collection is straight from the heart,” Arya said.
The line has a bright colour palette ranging from chocolate browns to deep burgundies, from bright yellows to emerald greens.
The fabrics used are silk, chiffon, satin and cotton.
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Manish Arora, Narendra Kumar tie up with Debenhams - May 18, 2011
- Back to future - with digital, classic leggings - Apr 12, 2011
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- A tale of braids, diagrams, clocks at Kallol Dutta's show - Apr 06, 2011
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Organic collection in LFW brings alive eco-theme - Aug 22, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Designer Nida Mahmood’s Latest Collection Inspired From Matchboxes! - Dec 11, 2010
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- Anuradha Raman launches stoles, target everyone (With Images) - Sep 05, 2012
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- Diane Von Furstenberg Launches Its Pre-Fall Collection - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: arya, autumn winter, blouses, border prints, bright colour, bright yellows, burgundies, colour palette, emerald greens, funky collection, gypsy style, hand block printing, india fashion week, motifs, peacock feather, polka dots, puja, silk chiffon, wills lifestyle india fashion week, winter collection