Pug fashion leads to longer noses and legsJuly 16th, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Berlin, July 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) At the pug fashion event in Berlin last Saturday, one observation that was clear was the fact that the competitors are having longer noses and legs. At least that is what some of the owners are bringing to the event.
About 100 dog owners took their canines to the event. This year’s event failed to get the international flavor as most of the dogs came from Germany.
Organizer Thomas Zupan joked that, “For us Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia count as abroad.”
The pug race is the most popular segment of the festival. Emma won the 50 meter race with a time of 7.1 seconds. It is obvious that longer legs are really helping out determine the faster ones.
Zupan admitted to that when he said that, “The trend is now moving towards longer noses and longer legs.”
Pugs are original Chinese breeds but they have rich history in ancient Europe as well. Josephine de Beauharnais, the first wife of Napoleon, was said to be a lover of pugs. For years, the name of the breed had been Mops in Germany.
The popularity of the breed in Germany is summed up in the quote of the late German comic Loriot, “A life without a Mops is possible, but makes no sense.”
- Neighbors complain that a deaf couple is too loud - Nov 30, 2011
- Germany plans to attract more foreign skilled workers - Dec 02, 2011
- German Foreign Minister Westerwelle steps down as German Vice Chancellor - Apr 05, 2011
- Court: German bosses can order women to wear bras to work - Jan 13, 2011
- Phydough Food Trucks To Make Life Better For Dogs! - Jan 07, 2011
- Poisonous dioxin found in 3,000 tons of an animal feed additive in Germany - Jan 06, 2011
- Dogs overtaking cats as UK's favourite pet - Apr 03, 2011
- Napoleon letter to be auctioned in Moscow - Feb 26, 2011
- Synagogue opens in German town after 70 years - Mar 15, 2010
- Dog's head size predicts strength, running ability - Feb 01, 2011
- German prosecutor shot dead by defendant - Jan 12, 2012
- Germany Court Ruling States Women Must Wear Bras - Jan 15, 2011
- Germany mulls banning wild Facebook parties - Jul 05, 2011
- German police arrest six Tamil separatists - Mar 05, 2010
- German court rules bosses can order women to wear bras to work - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: ancient europe, bavaria, canines, dog owners, emma, event in berlin, fashion event, first wife, international flavor, josephine, last saturday, longer legs, loriot, meter race, mops, napoleon, north rhine westphalia, noses, rich history, zupan