‘Psychic killers’ steal show at men’s fashion weekAugust 27th, 2010 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) Designer Samanth Chauhan brought ‘psychic killers’ on the ramp, complete with long manes and masks, as he showcased his latest collection at the second edition of the Van Heusen India Men’s Week (VHIMW) Friday.
The models walking the ramp sported a grungy look with long hair and masks to hide their identity. The designer also ensured that the models acted like a psychic killer.
While the colour palette included rusty colours, blacks, and browns, the collection included knitted trousers and shirts, military jackets, coats, hand-dyed jumpsuits and even linen skirts.
“When I was in college I had studied about psychic killers, and since then I had decided to create a collection with this concept in mind. I did a lot of research for this collection. I even saw a lot of films to see how they look,” Chauhan told IANS.
He also revealed that the fabrics were kept over rusted iron for days to give it a rust effect. To complete the killer look he even used oil and grease over garment pieces. Tea leaves were used to give a rugged look.
Asked why he used a mask, “The idea behind using a mask was to add to the feel of the concept. A lot of psychic killers use masks to hide their identity.”
- Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj Khosla - Aug 28, 2010
- Rock 'n' Roll comes alive with Rajesh Pratap's collection - Aug 29, 2010
- Designer Abhishek Dutta spreads message of 'No Pollution' - Aug 06, 2012
- Accessories to dominate Sanchita's menswear line - Aug 29, 2011
- Troy Costa goes for black ink theme for VHIMW - Aug 31, 2011
- Masked men steal hearts in multi-designer show - Sep 04, 2011
- Irrfan Khan walks ramp for Rohit-Abhishek at mens week - Sep 04, 2011
- 'Shootout At Wadala' inspires designer's gangster-based line - Aug 07, 2012
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- It's stylish dhotis for Arjun Khanna at Men's Week - Sep 03, 2011
- Ashish Soni's 1970s style is Robert Vadra inspiration - Aug 28, 2010
- Wendell Rodricks impresses with vibrant men's week debut - Aug 29, 2010
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Ravana, puppets, dance in Nida Mahmood show - Oct 10, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: browns, coats, colour palette, fabrics, fashion week, garment pieces, killers, linen, long hair, manes, masks, military jackets, New Delhi, oil and grease, ramp, rust, rusted iron, tea leaves, trousers, van heusen