President, Vice President greet countrymen on ”Navroj”August 18th, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 18 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil and Vice President Hamid Ansari today greeted the countrymen on the auspicious occasion of ”Navroj,” which marks the beginning of the Parsi New Year.
President Patil in her massage said, “On the occasion of Navroz, I convey my greetings and good wishes to all the people of our country and especially my Parsee brothers and sisters.
“May this festival heralding the New Year bring happiness and prosperity to all and strengthen our commitment to harmony and universal brotherhood,” Patil added.
In his separate message, Vice President said, “I greet the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of ”Navroj”. It is celebrated with devotion, traditional gaiety and fervous to usher in a peaceful and prosperous New Year. The mood of rejoicing transcends all barriers reflecting the spirit of harmony and brotherhood that characterises our composite culture.
“May the New Year bring peace, prosperity and happiness in our lives”, he added. (ANI)
- President, PM greet nation on Parsi New Year - Aug 18, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- Vice President greets people on 'Navroj' - Aug 18, 2009
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- President greets nation on Parsi New Year - Aug 18, 2010
- Patil, Ansari greet nation on 'Makar Sankranti', 'Pongal' - Jan 13, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Nov 04, 2010
- President, vice-president greet nation on Parsi New Year - Aug 18, 2008
- President, PM greet nation on 'Makar Sankranti', 'Pongal' (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Diwali being celebrated with traditional fervour and zeal across India - Nov 05, 2010
- President, vice president greet nation on Holi - Mar 18, 2011
- President Patil greets people ahead of Parsi New Year - Aug 18, 2010
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani greet nation on Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 07, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011