Pregnant woman can now announce status on FacebookJuly 29th, 2011 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS) Expectant mothers can now announce their pregnant status on social network site Facebook — complete with baby names and the expected time of birth.
Though users have been able to add family members to their accounts since December 2010, they can now also add an “Expected: child” item to their page to let others know their baby news, says the Daily Mail.
An update is also published to the public news feed informing followers of the change in the status.
Since the website was launched, frequent additions have been made helping users choose options about personal relationships.
In February, the site also allowed users to list their relationship status as “in a civil union” or “in a domestic partnership”.
Experts say this has been a lot of help for people in “less common” forms of partnerships as well as gay couples.
- Facebook page to connect community radio stations and ministry - Jul 12, 2012
- New Facebook features not so appealing, says poll - Oct 22, 2011
- Facebook Posts To Be Republished To The Friends Of The Users - Jan 27, 2011
- Facebook makes money from user's data - Apr 17, 2011
- Facebook to announce new tie-ups: Report - Sep 21, 2011
- Facebook praised for gay relationship status options - Feb 18, 2011
- Britain's royal family on Facebook - Nov 07, 2010
- Facebook To Permit The Advertisers To Republish The Users' Posts - Jan 27, 2011
- Facebook Ending On March 15, Apparently A Hoax - Jan 10, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg's Own Facebook Fan Site Got Hacked - Jan 27, 2011
- Facebook Attacked By New Worm, Again! - Oct 02, 2010
- Facebook graph shows most people break up at Spring Break or Christmas - Nov 03, 2010
- Facebook to ask users phone details - Jun 15, 2012
- Now, chat with your Facebook friends from your wristwatch! - Apr 24, 2011
- Facebook Application Will Now Be Improved - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: baby names, baby news, civil union, daily mail, domestic partnership, facebook, family members, followers, frequent additions, gay couples, london, news feed, partnerships, personal relationships, pregnant woman, public news, relationship status, time of birth