Portman disgusted by Galliano’s anti-Semitic remarksMarch 2nd, 2011 - 1:51 am ICT by IANS
London, March 1 (IANS) Oscar winner Natalie Portman has lashed out at fashion designer John Galliano for his anti-Semitic remarks.
“I am deeply shocked and disgusted by the video of John Galliano’s comments that surfaced today. In light of this video, and as an individual who is proud to be Jewish, I will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way,” telegraph.co.uk quoted Portman as saying.
“I hope at the very least, these terrible comments remind us to reflect and act upon combating these still-existing prejudices that are the opposite of all that is beautiful,” she added.
Galliano, 50, allegedly made anti-Semitic and racial remarks against a couple, Geraldine Bloch, 35, and her companion Philippe Virgiti, 41, last week in a cafe in Paris.
The designer again courted trouble after his rant was caught on a mobile phone. The footage dating from December surfaced online, featuring Galliano saying “I love Hitler” and telling a group of Italian girls drinking outside Paris cafe La Perle: “People like you would be dead. Your mothers, your forefathers, would all be f****** gassed.”
- Natalie Portman slams Dior's John Galliano over anti-Semitic remarks - Mar 02, 2011
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from Dior - Mar 02, 2011
- John Galliano's 'victim' defends designer - Mar 11, 2011
- I don't think he's racist. I just think he's very ill, says Galliano's 'victim' - Mar 12, 2011
- Galliano's victim defends the designer - Mar 12, 2011
- Designer John Galliano trial set for June 22 - May 13, 2011
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- John Galliano arrested in Paris - Feb 26, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- John Galliano's show cancelled - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: bloch, companion, fashion designer, forefathers, geraldine, hitler, italian girls, john galliano, la perle, london march, march 1, mobile phone, natalie portman, oscar winner, paris cafe, prejudices, racial remarks, rant, telegraph