Peter Cook looking for ”a brunette” post divorce with ChristieJuly 14th, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
New York, July 14 (ANI): Peter Cook doesnt regrets the years he spent with ex-wife Christie Brinkley, but the next time he goes wife hunting, hes going to make sure he falls for a brunette.
In an interview at the American Hotel in Sag Harbor , Cook accompanied by new girlfriend Suzanne Shaw said that though his reputation is in tatters, but he doesnt regret his doomed marriage with supermodel Brinkley.
“I will never regret marrying her. We had great times for 10 years. I”ve got two beautiful children,” The New York Daily News quoted him, as saying.
He said that his divorce settlement, lasting a week where he was publicly exposed as a sex-obsessed, two-timing narcissist, ended a dark chapter in his life, which he doesnt intend to revisit.
“My only option is to be healthy, happy and prosperous. If I”m not, how’’s that good for the kids? he said.
In fact he thinks that most of the people would forgive him the sins that came out in the open during eight days of lurid testimony.
“Intelligent people understand that we are all imperfect, that we all have flaws. Short of Mother Teresa, the Pope and Gandhi, no one really wants every dark corner of their life exposed to the world, and certainly not to their children, he said.
This was the first time he spoke publicly since the trial ended last week that saw him weeping on the stand while confessing his sexual shenanigans, which included spending 3,000 dollars a month on Internet pornography and masturbating live for a cyberaudience via Web Cam.
Still, he could joke about the headline-making trial, which ended with a settlement perceived by many as a victory for Brinkley.
And when asked what he was looking for in his next relationship, he replied, “A brunette.”
On being asked what he”d learned from the whole experience, the architect said with a laugh, “You call your lawyer before you tell your wife anything.”
Before the divorce, Cook and Brinkley were raising two children - Jack, Brinkley’’s son from a previous marriage, and 10-year-old Sailor Lee, their daughter. And now under the deal, he is expected to maintain his visitation rights with the children.
He said that despite the public flogging, his adultery and the fallout, he remains a romantic, and would not mind walking down the aisle once again.
“Sure! And I”m going to use [Christie''s] prenup,” he said. (ANI)
- Christie Brinkley won't marry again - Jul 12, 2011
- Christie Brinkley & Peter Cook finally settle their divorce issues - Oct 14, 2009
- I haven't given up on love: Christie Brinkley - May 31, 2011
- TV writer Don Brinkley dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Christie Brinkley selling off wedding dress - Mar 11, 2010
- Kate Moss to sign pre-nup? - Jun 16, 2011
- Gibson loses half fortune in divorce settlement - Dec 24, 2011
- Parker's move to file his own divorce 'upsets' Eva Longoria - Nov 22, 2010
- Shane Richie is all set to be a father again - Apr 04, 2011
- Brinkley's ex-hubby Cook says bitter divorce battle revived his career - Sep 04, 2009
- Alex Reid demands over $1 mn in divorce settlement - Jan 18, 2011
- Post divorce settlement, Cruise resumes work - Jul 11, 2012
- Kelsey Grammer's ex-wife asks judge to put quickie divorce on hold - Jan 27, 2011
- Jesse James 'hoping for a reunion' - Apr 06, 2010
- Morgan Freeman to divorce wife of 26 years - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: american hotel, christie brinkley, divorce settlement, eight days, gandhi, girlfriend suzanne, internet pornography, july 14, mother teresa, narcissist, new girlfriend, new york daily news, peter cook, sag harbor, sexual shenanigans, supermodel, suzanne shaw, tatters, wife christie, york daily news