PETA names Madonna as worst dressed celebrityMarch 7th, 2009 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 7(IANS) American pop star Madonna, who recently released her clothing line, has been named the worst dressed celebrity by the animal rights group PETA.
“When you see Madonna in fur, you realise why nobody has copied her style since 1984. We know she is on the prowl for a young cub, but someone needs to tell her that wearing fur doesn’t make you big,” femalefirst.com quoted a PETA spokesperson as saying.
Joining Madonna on the list are actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, rapper Kanye West, actress Liz Hurley and twin sisters - Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
For pop star Kanye West, the spokesperson said: “He rants about not winning album of the year at the Grammy Awards but what he really deserves is a bravery award for all of the corpses in his closet.”
They also left a note of advice for Kanye.
“We love the quirky suits, but you can’t claim to be ‘the voice of this generation’ while flaunting fur, which is old school and cruel,” said PETA.
- Madonna tops PETA''s Worst Dressed Celebs of 2009 list - Mar 06, 2009
- Mary-Kate Olsen dating Kanye West? - Jun 12, 2011
- Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher top "Worst Dressed" PETA poll - Feb 13, 2009
- Maggie Gyllenhaal to host an episode of Curiosity on Discovery Channel - Aug 22, 2011
- Taraji P Henson Does Naked PETA Anti-Fur Ad - Jan 28, 2011
- Mary-Kate Olsen And Nate Lowman Together No More - Feb 26, 2010
- New Oz dating website for cougars on the prowl - Feb 05, 2011
- Maggie Gyllenhaal expecting second child - Nov 29, 2011
- Give fur the cold shoulder, says Penelope Cruz - Feb 02, 2012
- Liz Hurley is 'hot', says New Zealand PM - Feb 02, 2011
- Gyllenhaal replaced in Richard Kuklinski biopic - Dec 15, 2011
- Maggie Gyllenhaal talks about filming her movie 'Hysteria' - Sep 23, 2011
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Shares Her Broadway Experience - Feb 05, 2011
- Olsens gift high-end shoes to underprivileged kids - Jul 29, 2011
- Elizabeth Olsen's movie 'Silent House' rocks the Sundance Film Festival - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: album of the year, american pop, animal rights group, ashley olsen, bravery award, clothing line, corpses, grammy awards, kanye west, kate and ashley, kate and ashley olsen, liz hurley, london march, maggie gyllenhaal, mary kate and ashley, mary kate and ashley olsen, peta spokesperson, pop star madonna, twin sisters, worst dressed celebrity