Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images)July 20th, 2012 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 20 (IANS) The rich culture and tradition of Benaras seems to have faded and designer Payal Kapoor plans to revive this with her collection - Notes from the Raj - at the forthcoming Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) winter-festive 2012.
The five-day fashion extravaganza starts here Aug 3.
“Notes from the Raj is inspired by the weavers of Benares. For this collection, we have got Benarasi motifs specially woven from the weavers in Benares. These fabrics have been highlighted by beautiful embroideries taken from the Raj era. The paisley motifs and circular motifs have been widely used in the collection,” Kapoor told IANS.
French knots, dapka, kasab and zardozi will dominate her collection that is a fusion of modern-traditional.
“I have used old-age technique to make contemporary style of clothes. The motifs are traditional but have been woven in a modern fabric of Georgette. The fabrics used are Benarsi georgette, velvets, tinsel georgette and lycra nets,” she added.
The colour palate varies from nude, beige and black to lime green, Indigo blue, magenta and tomato red.
Those interested in adding variety to their wardrobe, can shop at the designer’s store here. Prices start from Rs.4,500.
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Designer Gaurang Shah teams with 250 weavers to revive handlooms (With Image) - Jun 24, 2012
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- Dongre's tribute to Indian textiles at LFW (With Images) - Jul 28, 2012
- Drape that Kanjeevaram, Benarasi this Diwali - Oct 20, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Khadi, Gandhi topis at James Ferreira's show - Oct 12, 2011
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand way - Nov 21, 2010
- Rahul Mishra named best womenswear designer - May 08, 2012
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: benares, colour palate, embroideries, fabrics, fashion extravaganza, french knots, georgette, indigo, kasab, lakme fashion week, lfw, lime green, motifs, raj, rich culture, tinsel, tomato red, velvets, wardrobe, weavers