Paswan announces special measures for SC, ST working in PSUsAugust 22nd, 2008 - 6:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 22 (ANI): Union Minister for Steel Ram Vilas Paswan on Friday announced special recruitment drive and increase in salaries for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe contract labourers in Public Sector Units (PSUs).
The decision was taken at a review meeting on Thursday that assessed progress, earmarked specific percentage of jobs for SC, ST and set welfare measures for employees and contract labourers.
It was decided that PSUs like SAIL, NMDC, RINL, MOIL and MSTC would chalk out time bound, two months recruitment drives for SC,ST candidates to fill vacancies, ” Paswan said.
The Ministry plans to come out with advertisements within a fortnight for filling vacancies of SC,ST candidates in each PSU, said Paswan.
A decision has been made to merge 50 per cent of the Dearness Allowance in the basic salary for all regular employees of SAIL, and increase monthly salary of contractual labourers in steel PSUs by Rs1, 000. The Central government has already approved increment to all the regular employees of SAIL and RINL at the rate of four per cent of their basic pay. The Ministry will work out the modalities in this regard by September and expenditure would be borne by company themselves. (ANI)
- Indian management students prefer public sector jobs: Study - Jul 16, 2012
- Steel Minister visits IITF 2009 pavilion - Nov 18, 2009
- Cabinet reviews vacant quota posts - Jan 04, 2012
- Steel price hike ruled out, cut might follow (Lead) - Aug 22, 2008
- Selection doesn't mean appointment, rules court - May 30, 2011
- Probe ordered into illegally occupied houses in Jharkhand - Apr 19, 2011
- Air India forms search committee to find new COO - Jun 14, 2012
- India to become second largest steel-producing nation by 2012: Virbhadra Singh - Jul 23, 2010
- Delhi University gets court notice on dalits' admission (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Disinvestment in Manganese ORE establishment approved - Sep 09, 2010
- Steel PSUs to establish 150 relief camps in flood hit districts of Bihar - Sep 01, 2008
- New steel minister to stop dumping of steel in India - Jun 03, 2009
- Punjab to fill all vacancies of teachers - Apr 02, 2012
- Manganese ore production to be increased - Mar 25, 2011
- Steel Minister asks RINL to explore possibility of cement plant in Visakhapatnam - Mar 23, 2011