Parvesh and Jai present summer bridal collection (With Images)June 9th, 2009 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) For those who believe that marriages are a winter thing, think again because designer duo Parvesh and Jai feel that there is need for bridal wear in summer as well.
“There are a lot of marriages happening in summer and people are bored of wearing those heavy embroidery green or red zardosi lehengas. People want the bride to look beautiful as well as fresh on the wedding day, which becomes a bit difficult because of the scorching heat,” Jai told IANS at the unveiling of the bridal collection here Tuesday.
“The fabrics used in these ensembles are very flimsy and transparent to give more room to breathe and the trousseau is also structured into different categories of ensembles keeping Indian sensibilities in mind,” he added.
According to Jai, a lot of thought has gone behind this concept with valuable inputs from their clients.
“The motto of the collection is to make Indian summer weddings glamorous, fashionable and enjoyable,” Jai explained.
The collection majorly has nets, georgettes, glass nylons, organza and lightweight silks in hues of blue, beige, purple, pastel and pink with a touch of metallic and wines.
The range comprises wedding lehengas, pre-bridals, saris and gowns and is priced at Rs.40,000 and above.
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Designers Parvesh-Jai to showcase bridal wear at Bangalore event - Jul 18, 2009
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- It's fun designing Genelia's wedding trousseau: Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Why not marry in your mom's wedding sari? - Mar 26, 2011
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Valaya's clothes outshine Kangna on Couture Week ramp - Jul 24, 2010
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani to design for Upasna-Ram Charan wedding (With Image) - Jun 12, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
Tags: bridal collection, bridal wear, embroidery, ensembles, fabrics, hues, indian summer, jai, New Delhi, organza, rs 40, saris, sensibilities, silks, summer weddings, trousseau, unveiling, wedding day, wedding lehengas, zardosi