Parna Ghose to showcase at Vancouver Fashion Week (With Image)March 20th, 2012 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 20 (IANS) Indian-American fashion designer Parna Ghose has been invited to show her Fall-Winter collection at the Vancouver Fashion Week starting Friday.
“I am proud to be invited to this year’s show. Vancouver is a perfect venue for us to launch our new line,” Ghose, who designs under the label Pure Elegance, said in a statement.
She will showcase her collection in Vancouver March 23.
Ghose is known for creating ethnic couture and ready to wear western designs. Her new collection has been created using rich fabrics and ethnic craftsmanship. The fabrics include silk, chiffon, georgette, brocade, ghaddi, tanchoi silk and banarasi embedded with zircon and kundan work.
Last year, Ghose was invited to showcase her collection at Dubai Fashion Week.
Vancouver Fashion Week is known for providing platform to international creativity and in the past Versace, Anna Sui, Lauren Vidal, Kersh, Ha Sang Beg and Helen Lee presented their collections.
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Indian American designer at Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 20, 2011
- Red ramp, muted tones highlight of Seema Singh's show - Nov 20, 2010
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Indian brocade big time hit among Europeans - Oct 31, 2011
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Indian designer Ritesh Kumar at Milan Fashion Week - Sep 25, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Rahul Mishra named best womenswear designer - May 08, 2012
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Western styles merge with Indian crafts at Wills fashion show (With Images) - Mar 26, 2010
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: american fashion designer, anna sui, brocade, couture, craftsmanship, creativity, fall winter, ghose, helen lee, kersh, lauren vidal, New Delhi, pure elegance, rich fabrics, showcase, silk chiffon georgette, vancouver fashion week, venue, winter collection, zircon