Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion WeekSeptember 6th, 2012 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Her motto is to make India-inspired fashion popular in the global arena and Indian-American fashion designer Parna Ghose gets another opportunity to do so at at the Couture Fashion Week (CFW), starting Sep 15 in New York, where she will flaunt her bridal collection inspired by “traditional Indian art”.
“The elegance in traditional Indian arts is timeless and eternal and that is the inspiration behind my collection. Each piece is unique, handcrafted and have meticulous embroideries and embellishments,” Ghose, who designs under the label Pure Elegance, told IANS.
The 16th season of CFW will take place at Waldorf-Astoria hotel. The three-day event will witness designers from around the world showcasing the latest trend in fashion and accessories.
Ghose will showcase her collection on day two of fashion gala.
“The collection is soft, elegant and vintage which makes it reminiscent of timeless beauties. It includes a mix of ultra-feminine flowy skirts and dresses in vibrant colours, exquisite fabric, timeless designs that are enhanced with thread, zari and antique zardosi embroidery. I cannot wait to see the girls sashaying down the ramp in lehengas, saris, long anarkali-styled kurtas and churidars,” she added.
The designer, who also showcased at the Dubai Fashion Week and Vancouver Fashion Week, says India’s rich fabric is being appreciated around the globe, but ‘India Inspired’ couture line is yet to get prominence in the world.
“India-inspired branded couture is notably absent from the wardrobe of western women today. This is especially remarkable since India’s rich fabric, superb artisanship, and century’s old tradition is hailed globally. Pure Elegance aspires to bring ‘India-inspired’ fashion into mainstream,” she said.
“It also strives to help its clients make a distinct statement about their individuality that is consistent with their values yet contemporary to ‘wow’ their friends,” she added.
Known for its traditional ethnic couture and ready-to-wear western designs, Pure Elegance is a South-Asian fashion brand based in the US.
- Parna Ghose to showcase at Vancouver Fashion Week (With Image) - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian American designer at Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 20, 2011
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- A grandeur opening by Varun Bahl for DCW - Aug 09, 2012
- Couture week: Manav Gangwani to showcase A Timeless Affaire (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- West on backburner: Designers endorse Indian heritage - Feb 22, 2012
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- India inspired design on sale at Sotheby's - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,