Pankanj-Nidhi head for International Woolmark PrizeJuly 20th, 2012 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Indian designer duo Pankaj and Nidhi, who has been named the winners of the International Woolmark Prize India award, will now compete with international designers at the final round in London next February.
The duo won the contest Thursday by defeating the likes of Aneeth Arora, Arjun Saluja, Gaurav Gupta, Rahul Mishra, Rimzing Dadu, Ritesh Kumar, Samant Chauhan, Smita-Himanshu and Zubair Kirmani.
The winners were selected by a panel of judges including Simon Lock, founder of Australian Fashion Week; Sunil Sethi, president of Fashion Design Council of India; Pradeep Hirani of Kimaya Fashion and fashion editor Priya Tanna.
“We look forward to supporting and working with Pankaj and Nidhi in the lead up to the finals in February where they have the chance to be awarded with the once in a lifetime opportunities that are on offer for the winner of the International Woolmark Prize,” said Stuart McCullough, CEO of Australian Wool Innovation, owners of The Woolmark Company in a statement.
In February, Pankaj-Nidhi will compete with candidates from the US, Europe, China and Australia at the grand finale of International Woolmark Prize.
The international winner will get a chance to retail through international stores including Harvey Nichols in Britain and Lane Crawford in China.
- International Woolmark prize comes to India, shortlists 10 designers - May 10, 2012
- Kareena to catwalk at LFW finale? - Jul 10, 2012
- Kallol Datta, Pankaj-Nidhi to present LFW grand finale - May 24, 2012
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
- Pankaj & Nidhi Receives IAF International Designer Award - Oct 20, 2010
- Gaurav Gupta wins international designer award - Oct 25, 2011
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' inspires designers' collection - May 14, 2010
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- Jaipur boy wins sixth edition of 'The Debut' - Mar 01, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: australian fashion week, australian wool innovation, dadu, fashion design council of india, fashion editor, gaurav gupta, grand finale, harvey nichols, himanshu, hirani, international designers, international winner, lane crawford, lifetime opportunities, pankaj, ritesh, saluja, samant chauhan, woolmark company, zubair