Pallavi Jaikishan goes traditional at LFWAugust 4th, 2012 - 1:35 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) Veteran designer Pallavi Jaikishan’s collection made a grand opening at the 13th Lakme Fashion Week commencing here Friday, with the line displaying traditional wear for women including sarees to lehengas with innovative blouses embellished with golden zari.
Her four lines; Sajala - clouds with a golden lining, Mandara - the mythical tree, Elavia - a thing of beauty and grace and Ayiana - the eternal bloom, had four different colour palates ranging from golden, green, bright red and rose pink.
After being in the fashion industry for 40 years, Pallavi says that Lakme Fashion week was the ideal platform for her to celebrate this achievement.
“I want to celebrate this milestone by doing something new. Lakme Fashion Week is the ideal platform. This is also my first show here,” she said after the show.
Actress Neha Dhupia, who was there to support the designer, said that she loved the collection.
“There were so many different themes up there today and were all showcasing class, style and luxury…it was simply wonderful,” she said.
Designer Anita Dongre was also present for the show.
“Pallavi is simply wonderful with her designs. I liked the first theme which had all the golden work, the best out of all three,” she said.
The show stood apart from the rest by the live music which was being played in the background as the models walked the ramp.
- I don't believe in showstoppers: Pallavi Jaikishan - Aug 03, 2012
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Hema Malini performs as Radha for Neeta Lulla at LFW - Aug 08, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Mallika Sherawat adds glamour to Lakme Fashion Week - Sep 17, 2010
- LFW: Jatin Verma, Vizyon showcase a glamorous, gothic collection - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: actress, anita dongre, beauty and grace, bloom, blouses, class style, clouds, fashion industry, grand opening, lakme fashion week, live music, milestone, models, mumbai, neha dhupia, palates, ramp, sarees, thing of beauty, veteran designer