Pak Army kills 50 Taliban militants in SwatAugust 24th, 2008 - 12:16 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Aug 24 (ANI): Seventy-eight people were killed and several others injured as fierce clashes continued in different parts of the Swat Valley today.
The security forces launched their offensive late night on the alleged headquarters of Taliban militants. They used artillery and gunship helicopters to hit positions of the militants.
ISPR spokesman in Swat said that clashes between security forces and Taliban militants resulted in killing of 45-50 militants including a Taliban commander and foreign fighters in Tehsil Kabbal of Swat.
The security forces blew up a headquarters of Taliban in Tehsil Kabbal.
Meanwhile, 10 securitymen were also killed and seven injured in clashes while Taliban claimed to have destroyed 20 vehicles of security forces.
On the other hand Tehrik-e-Taliban Swat spokesman Haji Muslim Khan rejected the ISPRs claim, saying no local or foreign fighters was killed in fighting. He claimed the responsibility of attacks on FC check post and other areas.
He vowed to carry out more attacks in the country if security forces were not withdrawn from the troubled valley of Swat.
Meanwhile, shelling continued as militants hideouts were attacked by the forces from FC camp Kanju and other camps.
However there were no reports of casualties or injuries, The News reported. (ANI)
- Ten killed in militant attack in Swat - Aug 25, 2008
- Pak forces kill six key Taliban commanders in Swat - Apr 27, 2010
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 43 more Taliban killed as Pak forces continue to pound militants in FATA - Jun 23, 2010
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- 45 Taliban insurgents killed in South Waziristan, Swat - Jun 30, 2009
- Nine militants killed, 27 arrested in Pakistans Swat Valley - Nov 18, 2008
- Pak Army claims killing 60 more Taliban in Malakand - Jun 13, 2009
- Key Taliban commander captured in Pakistan - Apr 26, 2010
- Taliban beheads 18 of their own operatives - Jul 01, 2009
- Mutilated bodies of five Taliban suspects found in NWFP - Aug 10, 2009
- 28 militants, eight soldiers killed in Pakistan clashes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Taliban's beheading expert running slaughter chamber nabbed in Swat - Sep 17, 2009
- 44 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak forces continue offensive in Upper Orakzai - Jun 07, 2010
- Seven militants killed in Pakistan's tribal area - Aug 01, 2012