Organic collection in LFW brings alive eco-themeAugust 22nd, 2011 - 3:02 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 22 (IANS) Designer Digvijay Singh, who works with Bhu:sattva, an organic certified fashion brand from Gujarat, presented a totally eco-friendly collection on the last day of the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter/Festive 2011 and spread the message of the importance of going green.
“This collection is 100 percent organic blend with natural fibres. It is calm and restrained. The collection defines women of today as it has beautiful sarees and drapes in blends like organic cotton, natural kora silk, natural modal and natural Indian silk chiffon,” Singh told reporters here.
“The garments have very classy styling and immaculate surface ornamentation techniques of embroidery and block prints,” he added.
The line that was called Geome-Trees was constructed on the basis of contemporary fusion of geometry and trees adorned by floral embroidery on sarees and drapes. The collection was an upshot of the Mughal style floral and geometrical elements with desi khatla embroidery of Gujarat.
“It’s a very simple and minimalistic collection but a lot goes behind in making the collection. I would really appreciate that like this collection we promote eco-fashion in our country,” Singh said.
For lovers of the environment and social responsibility, Singh’s collection will be a valued addition to their wardrobe this season.
- 'Nervous' Vivek Oberoi strolls on runway for Digvijay Singh - Mar 06, 2010
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Designer Gaurang Shah teams with 250 weavers to revive handlooms (With Image) - Jun 24, 2012
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
- Vivek Oberoi walks the ramp at LIFW - Mar 07, 2010
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- 'Fashion N Fire' Fashion Show By Dreamshotz Rocked - Aug 14, 2010
- The Saree seduction: Sexy actresses get traditional in songs - Feb 13, 2010
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand way - Nov 21, 2010
- Cotton, jute make splash at more 'organic' LFW - Mar 07, 2010
- A fashion show to mark 100 years of Bihar (With Image) - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: bhu, block prints, digvijay singh, drapes, fashion brand, floral embroidery, garments, geometrical elements, gujarat, indian silk, lakme fashion week, lfw, natural fibres, organic blend, organic cotton, sarees, silk chiffon, social responsibility, surface ornamentation, upshot