Only hosting, no participation in reality-shows: Rajniesh DuggalJuly 6th, 2011 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) At a time when Bollywood celebrities are turning to the small screen to be constantly in the news, model-turned-actor Rajniesh Duggal, away from the media glare for three years, candidly admits that he has no interest in the small screen but won’t mind hosting a reality show.
“Small screen doesn’t interest me, but reality shows do. But again, I don’t want to participate in any of the shows, what I am open to is hosting them. Some people have approached me and I am in talks with them. So let’s see,” Rajniesh told IANS in an interview from Mumbai.
“The reason why I never thought about the small screen is maybe because I don’t watch that much of television,” he added.
The 31-year-old made his acting debut in Vikram Bhatt’s horror flick “1920″ in 2008. He started his career as a model and hogged the limelight after he won the Grasim Mr India contest in 2003. Due to his chiselled looks and striking resemblance to Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves, Rajniesh’s female fan list is never-ending.
But his absence isn’t pushing him to make some stupid career mistakes, as Rajniesh admits he has been offered movies, but he has not liked any of the scripts and instead has invested these years in honing his acting skills and trying to be a perfect father.
“All this while I have been trying to improve my acting skills. Also, I have been spending good quality time with my 18-month-old daughter Teeyaa. You won’t believe, but I know everything about babies now,” said Rajniesh who is married to Pallavi.
While many still believe the best way to enter Bollywood is to be a star kid but Rajniesh feels they too have their own share of problems.
“Whosoever is a star son or related to any Bollywood star, it is definitely a bonus for them. But still they have to work on their career, prove themselves at every level. Often they are compared and this too puts them under extreme pressure,” Rajniesh pointed out.
“It’s not easy for them as they too go under a lot of drilling. It’s the initial push you get, rest is how good an actor you are.”
He is now gearing up for his second release “Phirr” in August and will also be seen in a special appearance in a “Dahi Handi” song in Rajiv Ruia’s 3-D animation-cum-live action film “Main Krishna Hoon”.
- Rajniesh Duggal shoots 'dahi handi' sequence for song (With Images) - May 14, 2011
- KJo's starstruck moment with Meryl Streep (Movie Snippets) - Feb 27, 2012
- Male models have short life: Model Sahil Shroff - Nov 23, 2011
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012
- Love to hate celebs? Arjun to change your mind! - Nov 03, 2011
- Keanu Reeves confirms 'Bill And Ted 3' talks - Dec 23, 2010
- I'm nervous about my TV debut: Sanjay Dutt (Movie Snippets) - Jul 30, 2011
- Dhanush signed for Hindi film 'Raanjhnaa' - Jan 24, 2012
- I'd love to act in RGV, Puri Jagannath films: Sibi Sathyaraj (With Images) - Feb 13, 2012
- Director Nishikanth Kamath plays mind games in '404' - May 09, 2011
- I'll soon produce a comedy show: Asif Sheikh - Sep 28, 2011
- Keanu Reeves And Alex Winter: A Surprise Awaits Us! - Dec 23, 2010
- Rahul Bose to make English movie on Pakistani novel - Feb 09, 2012
- When chef Akshay received Rs.29 as tip (TV snippets) - Oct 23, 2010
- TV actor Abhinav Shukla prefers small roles over lead - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: acting skills, actor keanu, bollywood celebrities, bollywood star, career mistakes, duggal, extreme pressure, female fan, grasim mr india, grasim mr india contest, hollywood actor, horror flick, keanu reeves, limelight, quality time, reality show, star kid, star son, striking resemblance, vikram bhatt