Only 20 percent Russians happy with their sex lifeApril 7th, 2012 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Only 20 percent of Russians are happy with their sex life, says a survey conducted by Russia’s leading opinion pollster VTsIOM.
This was, however, 12 percent more than in 1999, the survey said.
A majority of single Russians living together with their partners expressed “satisfaction” with their sex life (55 percent) and 24 percent said they were sexually “happy”.
Russian men seem to be more satisfied with their sexual relationships than women (21 and 16 percent respectively), while only four percent of the respondents said they were displeased with sex and 12 percent are indifferent about it.
Among married men and women, 19 percent are happy with their spouse and 44 percent are satisfied.
None of surveyed people said they were unhappy with the sex life, while in 1999 there were two percent sexually-unhappy people.
Apart from sex, Russians have a strong emotional response from relations with friends and relatives. One-third of the respondents (38 percent) feel happy to see their nearest and dearest, up from 12 percent in 1999.
The survey of 1,600 people from 46 regions was conducted March 31-April 1.
- Poll predicts first round victory for Putin - Feb 21, 2012
- Most Russians resent Moscow: Survey - Sep 05, 2012
- Just half of Russians know national anthem - Aug 23, 2012
- Russians against church meddling in politics - Aug 15, 2012
- Support for Putin on the rise, survey shows - Jan 13, 2012
- Medvedev may run for president again - Jul 31, 2012
- Russian government in for serious rotation: Putin - Jan 24, 2012
- Medvedev vows to clear ruling party of spoilers - Aug 11, 2012
- Putin, Medvedev ratings drop ahead of elections - Nov 09, 2011
- Majority of Russians believe in Putin's promises: Poll - Mar 22, 2012
- Half of Russia sees foreign meddling in Syria - Jul 28, 2012
- Russian presidential polls not fair: Candidate - Mar 05, 2012
- Putin, Medvedev approval ratings rise amid protests - Jun 09, 2012
- Medvedev praises development of internet - Apr 19, 2012
- 60 percent Russians say Putin victory fair: State poll - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: april 1, emotional response, married men, men and women, moscow, pollster, relatives, respondents, ria novosti, russia, russian men, satisfaction, sex life, sex russians, sexual relationships, unhappy people