One in five men ‘hates doing DIY’May 16th, 2010 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 16 (ANI): One in five men hates doing DIY, according to a new study.
Despite traditionally being seen as a man’s job, the fear of failure puts off two out of five men, while a similar number claimed they don’t have enough time.
In the poll of 1,000 adults, a third said DIY was too time-consuming and one in five said they didn’t do it because they had no idea what they were doing. Another 21 per cent admitted they were simply too lazy.
“There was a time when almost every man would love nothing more than heading down to his shed to make something, or indulge in a spot of DIY around the home. But it seems this is no longer the case as a large number of men now see it as a chore rather than a hobby,” the Daily Mail quoted Chris Tidy, DIY expert for Bosch, as saying.
Of those who like to indulge in DIY, 45 per cent said it filled them with pride. A further 26 per cent used it to express their creativity.
More than a quarter liked the feeling they got after creating something unique.
On the other hand, it was found that one in four women actually enjoy a spot of handiwork around the home. (ANI)
- Six out of 10 Brit women use bribery to get partners to do their bit - Mar 11, 2011
- 70 pc of Brit women like doing housework - Nov 13, 2010
- More than half of Brits scared of DIY - Mar 27, 2011
- Over half of Brit mums feel they don't spend enough time with their kids - Jan 28, 2011
- 50 really is the new 40 for Britons throwing off their inhibitions - Nov 04, 2010
- 'New Man' theory is a lie as women still do lion's share of chores - Aug 29, 2010
- 1 in 3 Brits don't indulge in weekend lie-ins anymore - Oct 02, 2010
- Women ignore men's household work - Mar 12, 2010
- Average Brit man spends 11 yrs in front of TV, 10,500 hrs in pub - Feb 27, 2011
- 1 in 5 women prefer tasty treat than partner's lips on Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2011
- Over 50pc of Brit girls 'initiate sex as much as their partner' - Feb 15, 2011
- Bosch unveils pressure washers for industrial use - Jul 14, 2012
- 82pc of Brit women still do housework despite fight for equality - Oct 13, 2010
- Brit men refuse medical check-ups over fear of 'manflu' - Nov 29, 2010
- Women 'better than men at DIY jobs' - May 03, 2010