NSD to set up centre in AgartalaOctober 19th, 2011 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Oct 19 (IANS) India’s premier theatre school, the National School of Drama (NSD), will set up a centre here for actors and performers of the northeast, an official said Wednesday.
“To boost traditional as well as contemporary drama, the proposed NSD centre would help young performers, artists and actors of the northeast,” NSD director Anuradha Kapur told reporters here.
The New Delhi-based NSD had earlier set up a centre in Karnataka.
She said the NSD would organise a workshop later this year in Agartala for the tribal performers, artistes and actors of the region.
Kapur came here earlier this week and met Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, Information and Cultural Affairs Minister Anil Sarkar and senior officials to finalise the modalities for the proposed centre.
- NSD reaches out to northeast for unearthing talent - Nov 18, 2011
- Lalit Kala Akademi to reach out to northeast - Feb 02, 2012
- NSD's Bal Sangam begins from Nov 8 - Nov 04, 2011
- Chidambaram in Aizawl, to discuss Reang issue - Apr 04, 2012
- Tagore reinterpreted at NSD's Bharat Rang Mahotsav - Jan 03, 2012
- New content, support set stage for theatre's resurgence (March 27 is World Theatre Day) - Mar 26, 2011
- Delhi gears up for mega winter theatre festival (With Image) - Jan 04, 2011
- ONGC plans football academy in Tripura - Sep 11, 2012
- Manik Sarkar to attend chief ministers' meet - Apr 15, 2012
- NSD, Polish drama academy ink agreement (With Image) - Jan 09, 2012
- Government spotlight on northeastern performing arts - Aug 03, 2011
- Tripura varsity to confer doctorate on Sheikh Hasina - Dec 21, 2011
- Northeast India's fifth software technology park in Tripura - May 28, 2012
- NSD theatre workshop concludes in Shimla - Jan 01, 2010
- Six firms keen to partner ONGC for Tripura fertilizer plant - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: actors, affairs minister, agartala, anil, anuradha, chief minister, cultural affairs, India, karnataka, modalities, national school of drama, New Delhi, nsd, proposed centre, senior officials, young performers