Now, watch your favourite ITV shows on iTunesApril 23rd, 2008 - 3:08 pm ICT by admin
London, April 23 (ANI): Got an iPod? Like classic TV dramas? Well, then you just got luckier, for UK commercial broadcaster ITV is set to make a selection of its hit TV shows available for download on iTunes in the UK.
The move will give customers access to flagship shows such as Cold Feet, Brideshead Revisited and Inspector Morse.
Prices start at 1.89 pounds per episode and shows will also be available to purchase as complete series.
The programmes can be viewed on Apple Macs, PCs, iPods with video, iPhones or on a widescreen TVs with Apple TV. Other programmes such as Inspector Morse and the adaptations of Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey and Emma will be available to download later this year.
“We want to give our viewers the opportunity to watch their favourite shows wherever they are, the Telegraph quoted Dawn Airey, the managing director of ITV global content, as saying.
“ITV has thousands of hours of classic content in the archive which we are bringing to a whole new audience via iTunes, he added.
ITV’s move follows February’s news that the BBC, via commercial arm BBC Worldwide, had become the first UK terrestrial broadcaster to sell its programming via iTunes, including shows such as Torchwood, Life On Mars, Little Britain and Spooks.
The iTunes deal is the first non-film online programming agreement for ITV. The broadcaster’s other online projects over the past few months have included its involvement in the Kangaroo joint venture with the BBC and Channel 4, which launches later this year. (ANI)
- Apple TV Revamped, But Will It Be A Hit? - Sep 02, 2010
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- Apple Unveils iTunes 10.1 With New Features - Nov 16, 2010
- iTunes 10 Lands With Sleeker Interface And Social Networking Bundled - Sep 02, 2010
- iTunes Error 5002 Baffles iPod Users - Dec 19, 2009
- Mexican-made game world's most downloaded iPad app - Aug 26, 2011
- Beatles, iTunes deal still at impasse, says Yoko Ono - Aug 07, 2010
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
- Hollywood misses key tech ally - Oct 08, 2011
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple announces 10 billion songs downloaded from iTunes - Feb 26, 2010
- Beatles music finally available on iTunes Store - Nov 16, 2010
- iPad Available in US on April 3 - Mar 05, 2010
Tags: apple macs, apple tv, brideshead revisited, classic content, classic tv, cold feet, commercial arm, dawn airey, global content, inspector morse, iphones, itv, jane austen, life on mars, little britain, northanger abbey, programming agreement, spooks, tv dramas, widescreen tvs