Now, watch Lakme Fashion Week live onlineFebruary 24th, 2011 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
By Shilpa Raina
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) The organisers of the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) want to connect instantly with their audiences and are launching LFW TV online to enable people all around the globe watch all the shows live and catch exclusive backstage action as well. “We have to recognise the importance of the online space. What people want is access to what is happening on the runway and behind it as well, provided they are given this access in a relevant manner. So with LFW TV, we are giving viewers an opportunity to see what happens in real time,” Ravi Krishnan, managing director, IMG South Asia and senior vice president IMG, told IANS at an event here Thursday.
“So, looking at these factors, we will also give them an insight about backstage activities, some exclusive interviews and post-show party fun as well. This will help fashion enthusiasts and buyers gain real-time access to shows,” he said.
Bandana Tewari, fashion features director of Vogue India, will host the short series, which will be available at www.lakmefashionweek.co.in
Expanding on the initiative, Lakme Lever CEO Anil Chopra said: “We try to bring in a new change every season. We came out with this idea after we saw the data - we have as many as 30,000 followers on Facebook and in the past few months, we have received around 50,000 hits on our website.”
“So the data shows that people are interested in fashion and are keen to know about the latest trends,” he added.
This is not the first time LFW has embraced technology. Last year, the organisers had collaborated with e-commerce site Fashion and You, an online fashion retail portal, to generate business for the LFW designers.
“We are in an era of convergence - of talent, trends and time. A platform for business and promoting Indian designers. LFW constantly innovates and introduces newer concepts and best practices of the industry to drive commerce,” said Chopra.
“The digital medium is something that LFW has been exploring and actively developing as an interactive channel to reach consumers worldwide,” he added.
The LFW summer-resort 2011 will take place in Mumbai March 11-15 and 78 designers are participating in it.
Usually, LFW is considered a Mumbai-centric event, and after a long time, the organisers held a press conference in the capital to explain why they were here. Chopra said: “I know this is the question on minds of everyone, but let me explain that we consider LFW a pan-India affair and we witness strong participation from designers from all over India.”
“You will be surprised to know that out of 78 designers showcasing this time, 28 main designers are from the capital and 30 from Mumbai. There have been instances when Delhi designers were more in number. So you see, there is an equal representation of designers,” he added. The remaining 20 are accessory designers from different cities.
Designers like Anamika Khanna, Anupama Dayal, Anita Dongre, Manish Malhotra, Rocky S, Shantanu and Nikhil, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee, among others, will be showcasing at the fashion fete.
Delhi-based designer sisters Gauri and Nainika are doing the grand finale by showcasing the “fantasy” theme on the ramp.
- Lakme Fashion Week boasts of Japanese designers, digital outreach (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011
- LFW advances winter/festive edition to August - Apr 05, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week March 1-6 next year - Oct 18, 2011
- LFW Summer/Resort 2011 to be held in March - Oct 02, 2010
- Lakme Fashion Week to pay tribute to Indian textiles - Feb 29, 2012
- Props, stilt dancers, fairytale ambiance...LFW finale spelt grandeur - Mar 16, 2011
- Japanese designers to showcase at Lakme Fashion Week - Feb 22, 2011
- LFW generates business, designers get bags full of orders (Review) - Mar 16, 2011
- Designers Kallol Datta, Aneeth Arora short-listed for Berlin week - Aug 22, 2011
- Celebrities grab limelight, designers sidelined: Rohit Bal - Feb 07, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Regulars give Accessory Show at LFW a miss - Aug 03, 2011
- Strong international presence at LFW opening show - Mar 11, 2011
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: anil chopra, convergence, digital medium, e commerce site, facebook, fashion enthusiasts, fashion features, followers, indian designers, lakme fashion week, lakmefashionweek, latest trends, lfw, managing director, organisers, raina, relevant manner, senior vice president, South Asia, vogue india