Now share your wedding wish-list with your guestsAugust 25th, 2012 - 2:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) It is a popular concept abroad, but Bridal Registry, a service whereby a would be-couple can share their list of desired gifts for their D-day with their guests, has got a kickstart here as well.
“Bridal Registry assists the would-be couples in conveying their wish lists to their guests. It also makes for an easy selection for the guests to gift something that will be appreciated by the couple, who is getting married,” said Dinaz Madhukar, vice president, DLF Emporio.
“The complete process has been created wherein the couples register and select the list, which they can later share with their family and friends,” added Madhukar.
The concept was introduced during the opening day of Wedding Atelier, an exhibition jointly organised by the luxury mall and wedding planner Vandana Mohan.
From floral installations by international floral designer Rob Van Helden, tips from industry experts including Mohan and Madhukar to leading couturier Rohit Bal suggesting couples about the latest trend in wedding trousseau — the three-day event, which began Friday, offers a complete range of services catering to those who want a chic, new-age wedding set-up.
“When it comes to selecting the right wedding trousseau, things have changed. Unlike aunties and grandmothers selecting the right dress for bride, it’s the girl only who makes sure that the dress is made only after taking her suggestion. It’s only the would- be bride who is taking care of her wedding dress rather than family members,” said Bal.
Also wedding photographer Joseph Radhik and wedding cinematographer Badal Jain will offer tips about latest trends in the wedding market.
“The Wedding Atelier is our gift to our patrons that will help them create a picture perfect wedding,” said Madhukar.
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani to design for Upasna-Ram Charan wedding (With Image) - Jun 12, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Now an award to encourage young designers - May 07, 2012
- Twinkling, bejewelled Indian wedding cards - got one yet? (With Images) - Jan 17, 2012
- Drew Barrymore confirms that she is pregnant - Jun 07, 2012
- Now, a wedding expo in Malaysia - Mar 29, 2011
- Kim Kardashian's wedding waxwork unveiled - Aug 21, 2011
- A cultural potpourri at Pakistan's Bridal Week (Curtain Raiser) - Dec 17, 2011
- Actresses Neha Dhupia, Prachi Desai walk the ramp at Mumbai's India Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- Why not marry in your mom's wedding sari? - Mar 26, 2011
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Tahiliani to reprise bridal couture extravaganza - Jun 03, 2010
- Perry And Brand Plan To Have A Seven Day Long Wedding In India - Oct 05, 2010
- Wedding Asia set to debut in Delhi - May 27, 2011
Tags: aunties, bridal registry, couturier, d day, dlf, floral designer, grandmothers, industry experts, kickstart, latest trends, mohan, radhik, rob van helden, rohit bal, wedding dress, wedding market, wedding photographer, wedding planner, wedding trousseau, wish lists