Now, Malt Salt to give your fish ‘n’ chips a vinegar kick without them going soggyOctober 5th, 2010 - 12:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 5 (ANI): For those who love fish and chips have always wondered how they give this much-loved dish a vinegar kick without them going soggy. And now, an American has cracked this conundrum: vinegar-flavoured salt.
Malt Salt combines salt and vinegar in a fine white powder, meaning fish and chip lovers will never have to suffer from the disappointment of picking their way through fries made limp by liquid vinegar.
The 2.80 pound packet, launched yesterday, was developed by J’n'D’s- a small company based in America famous for its mind-boggling array of bacon-flavoured products.
It has the alarming motto: “Everything should taste like bacon.”
The company insists all the ingredients in its powder are from natural sources.
“We’ve had the idea of producing a vinegar in powder form for some time but didn’t quite know how to make it work until one day we decided to make a sample of Malt Salt,” the Telegraph quoted a spokesman for the manufacturer as saying.
“We added malt vinegar flavoured seasoning to sea salt and the result is salt and vinegar flavoured chips without the sogginess,” he added.
Les Lock, owner of Dolphin Fish Bar in Bournemouth, Dorset, said: “I’m looking forward to trying some of it. Some people do like their chips soggy and others prefer them crispy - it’s all down to the individual.”
“It would be great to be able to offer people a choice when they’re having vinegar on their food. Of course, fish and chips is a traditional dish so it would have to be good to get people to change their habits, but stranger things have happened.”
“It just might work - I wish I’d thought of it myself,” he added. (ANI)
- New bacon soda turning New Yorkers' tummies inside out! - Nov 06, 2010
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Kevin Bacon- the Bacon Bust for the highest bidder on eBay - Oct 02, 2010
- Brits rate Bacon sandwiches as their favorite tasty pleasure - Mar 15, 2011
- Veggie chicken tikka potato chips! New flavours beckon - Jun 21, 2012
- Pizzas beat Indian curry meals in Britain - Aug 09, 2010
- Forget Indian curry meals, Pizza is now Britain's favourite dish - Aug 09, 2010
- Bene Jew recipes from Konkan - Sep 27, 2011
- Britons love it hot and spicy - Jul 15, 2010
- 'Bacon Kevin Bacon' bust up for auction on eBay - Oct 03, 2010
- Tips For Cocktail Party Appetizers For The Festive Season - Dec 13, 2010
- Mash, pie await you at Olympic food village - May 31, 2012
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
- Vinegar-natural source of nitrate to safeguard organic pork - Nov 14, 2010
- Aloo chaat, wada pao knock beef cutlets off menu (Eating Out With IANS) - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: array, bacon, bournemouth dorset, chip lovers, conundrum, course fish, disappointment, dolphin, dolphin fish, fish and chips, fries, malt vinegar, motto, natural sources, oct 5, sea salt, spokesman, stranger things, telegraph, traditional dish