Now get the perfect makeup thanks to your computer!March 3rd, 2011 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 3 (ANI): For every woman who wished she had her personal make up artist, this piece of news is going to make her very happy - a computer of your own that gives you a perfect make up.
The technology, showcased at CeBIT, the world’s biggest high-tech fair, takes a 3D image of your face and measures your complexion, shadows and lines.
The software matches your face to 60 pre-programmed models and advises how much makeup should be applied to which parts of your face based on professional makeovers conducted on the models.
It can also tell if your tried-and-tested makeup combinations are actually right for your face, according to Kristina Scherbaum, who developed the program at the Max Planck Institute.
“We also take into consideration certain personal facial characteristics, like freckles or moles. Furthermore, we can determine whether or not already existing makeup on a woman suits her face,” Discovery News quoted her as saying.
Although currently still in testing stages, the software could easily be adapted for commercial use, said Himangsho Saikia, who designed the interface system.
“Professional makeup is expensive but with this, you could turn on your computer in the morning, use a web-cam and have your make-up done for you,” he said.
CeBIT is showcasing the latest technology and gadgets from some 4,200 exhibitors and hopes to attract around 350,000 visitors. It runs until March 5. (ANI)
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- 'Eye tracking' laptop, 'telepresence robot' debut at Germany Science fair - Mar 04, 2011
- Interactive window-shopping could soon be a reality - Jan 15, 2011
- Now, emergency detection systems for elderly people - Feb 05, 2011
- New B-Keeper software gives drummers the freedom to set their own pace - Jan 13, 2011
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio pledges to do away with grainy web videos - Sep 25, 2010
- Lip-reading cellphone allows for soundless communication - Mar 05, 2010
- Hudson's no-make up hassles - Feb 20, 2011
- How do hackers obtain nude pics of celebs? - Mar 20, 2011
- Thandie Newton loves freckles - Jan 23, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson loses out at Hugh Jackman shirt's auction - Dec 23, 2011
- Hi-tech camera can make your pics better looking - Mar 25, 2011
- New Complaint Filed: School Spying Worse Than Suspected - Apr 21, 2010
- Face recognition may replace passwords in mobile phones - Oct 28, 2010
- Successful bionic eye implants Down Under by 2014 - May 28, 2010
Tags: 3d image, cebit, combinations, complexion, discovery news, exhibitors, facial characteristics, freckles, gadgets, image of your face, interface system, latest technology, makeovers, max planck, max planck institute, models, moles, professional makeup, showcased, web cam